Carine Open Space is one of our local and favourite parks to head to on the weekend as there are oodles to do and see.
We usually spend a few hours there if it’s nice weather and take the kids scooters/bikes and the dog. This is a big favourite for dog walkers on the weekend and they sometimes have organised sporting comps on at the weekend so it can get busy at peak times.
There’s a pedestrian pathway around the main playground area and then this turns into a dirt road but still great for prams, scooters and bikes and little feet.
There’s an abundance of wildlife around the Carine Open Space swamp/lake so keep your eyes out for the usual reptiles and bird life.
The pathway is very flat so great if you have a toddler trying to learn to ride their bike without stabilisers.
The Skate Park at Carine Open Space is set a few minutes stroll away from the main playground. Not being an avid skater myself, I’d say it was a fairly advanced course although I did see plenty of younger kids doing some amazing tricks! Helmets are compulsory!!
The main playground is best accessed via Okely Road where there’s plenty of allocated parking. There are poles for shade sails during the summer months and mature trees surrounding the playground for natural shade. It’s a mixture of sand and asphalt-based flooring so watch the kids feet in the summer as it can get hot!
There’s a circular sand pit area great for toddlers, so bring along your diggers, trucks, cars and dinosaurs for imaginary play. The lovely person who designed the park also put several benches around this area for us tired and weary parents to plonk ourselves and enjoy. The main curly slide is quite high so watch the little ones who can easily access this from various entry points in the playground.
There’s a disability ramp ideal for wheelchair users to access the main playframe.
Another sandpit based area includes spiderman style ropes for climbing and monkey bar ropes. There are also two swings (including a toddler swing).
- What’s on this week for families in Perth - November 30, 2018
- Public Holidays WA - November 21, 2018
- Club Med Malaysia – Cherating Beach - November 19, 2018
- Guilderton Caravan Park WA - November 18, 2018
- The Rainbow Jungle Parrot Breeding Centre, Kalbarri - November 5, 2018
- Kalbarri National Park Z-Bend River Trail Lookout and Walk - October 30, 2018
- Bluff Knoll with Kids, Stirling Ranges - October 30, 2018
- Kids Sailing Perth – Tiny Tackers at Hillarys Yacht Club - October 29, 2018
- Shaana Cafe Yallingup - October 23, 2018
- Cycling on Rottnest Island - October 14, 2018
Lorraine is co-owner of Buggybuddys and is mother to Blake (10) and Lollie (8). Lorraine is passionate about health and fitness and loves exploring Western Australia in her Caravan.
- Member Reviews
- AddressAddress: Davallia Road