My kids think the brand new Catalina Beach Park in Mindarie is AWESOME!
The first thing the kids did when we arrived was climb to the top of the 8-metre tall tower, before racing down ‘the steepest slide they have ever seen’! As they raced down one by one they let out terrifying screams… then immediately raced back to the top to go down again and again!
The climb to the top of the tower is an easy and safe climb for confident kids. To reach the first platform there is a steel or rope ladder. On this level there is a rope bridge, on one side of the bridge is a concrete walkway with small steps and high wooden sides, on the other side of the bridge is a small double slide – this level is a perfect play space for toddlers and young children.
To reach the next 3 levels there are staggered rubber steps to climb, the steps for each level do not align so kids have to climb onto each platform before climbing to the next level, this and having the steps staggered is a perfect way to avoid any nasty falls.
On the second level, there is a steep green tunnel slide with clear panels on the top so you can watch the kids come flying down.
On the third level is the steepest slide, again this is a tunnel slide with clear panels on the top – both slides are extremely fast but “totally awesome” according to Miss 7 and her friends!
In addition to the rubber steps, kids can climb through a metal tunnel from levels 3 to 4 – this looks very scary from watching below. The 4th level is a lookout, there are views of the playground and surrounding streets, you can even see the ocean.
On ground level, there are in-ground trampolines set in rubber soft fall. Tunnels to crawl through under the concrete walkway
A vertical abacus.
And a spinner.
Bring the footy, there is a large grassed area to play on. You could even ride your bike or scooter along the surrounding paths.
There are shade sails, lots of natural shade, plenty of places for parents to sit back and relax while watching the kids play, a drink fountain and BBQs. There are no public toilets, but Ocean Keys Shopping Centre is only a short drive away.
Catalina Beach Park
Aviator Boulevard, Mindarie (Ocean side of Marmion Ave)
- Mandurah Cruises – Kids Cruise FREE - April 17, 2018
- Camel West Inner City Camel Riding Tour - April 16, 2018
- Tom Vickers and the Extraordinary Adventure of his Missing Sock - April 16, 2018
- Play-Doh Immersive Zone, Lakeside Joondalup - April 16, 2018
- How to Get Rid of the Gross Nasties Lurking in your Matress! - April 11, 2018
- RAC Intellibus - April 5, 2018
- Dragon’s Kingdom – Adventure World - March 29, 2018
- Horrible Histories – Pirates: The Exhibition, WA Maritime Museum - March 24, 2018
- Lavendale Farmstay, York - March 19, 2018
- Easter Events in Perth 2018 - March 19, 2018
Kellie Elliott is a stay at home mum of 4 she enjoys adventuring around Perth with her children and sharing her journeys and experiences on Instagram.