Place Category: Playgrounds
Catalina park features a playground to one side, with winding pathways through garden beds packed with native plants. On the other side of the bushy garden is the grassed area which has a soccer goal at one end and plenty of room to run and kick a ball about.
The playground is set right next to the path and road although there are some limestone walls alongside the play areas. It’s a unique design with varying levels for children to climb and explore.
At the top is a large nature play based area, with logs set in sand. Perfect for climbing and balancing.
From here there is soft fall hill with a steep slide down to the next level where there are a rocking horse, balance swing and a spinning balance pole.
On the other side is the path and set in sand again, are two separate sections, one with swings and the other with two big soft fall hills which has a rope climbing web twisting between them. Given the variety of play equipment, there would be something to suit most ages.
There are a few picnic shelters, one located near the playground, the other overlooking the grassed area and other tables and benches scattered about. Given the pathways winding through the bushy gardens along with the very separate levels of the playground, supervision could be challenging with very young, or multiple children. You can’t see both levels of the playground from most parts of the playground, and the lower level has easy access to the road.
There are parking places around the park and near the playground. There are no toilets or drink fountains located at the park.
Catalina Park is located at Elsbury Approach, Clarkson
- Dough Pizza, Westfield Whitford City - September 18, 2018
- Something Italian, Merriwa - November 14, 2017
- Guzman y Gomez, Westfield Whitford City - October 11, 2017
- Prince of Wales Hotel Bistro Bunbury - September 4, 2017
- Corners on King Bunbury - September 4, 2017
- Bunbury Wildlife Park - May 29, 2017
- Music Together with Sarah - May 11, 2017
- Discovery Park-Koombana Bay Holiday Park - March 29, 2017
- WA Museum Discovery Zone at The State Library of WA - March 13, 2017
- Hardware Cafe, Quinns Rocks - February 4, 2017
Kylie is the mum of a gorgeous toddler who is growing far too fast by devouring her sleep. She is a qualified early childhood teacher, who loves exploring the world through the eyes of a 2 year old and now knows more about diggers than she ever imagined she would