A brand new play space has just opened up at Centenary Park in Belmont and it’s so good!
Designed for younger kids, the playground is fully fenced with a mixture of soft fall and sand. In the centre there is a main wooden structure which has a rope ladder and wooden ladders to climb up. The first platform has a bucket on a chain. The girls loved working together to pull the bucket up once I had filled it with sand for them. The second platform is like a little cubby house with a bench seat inside and leads to a great metal slide. Miss 2 and miss 4 had a great time climbing up the structure and sliding down the speedy slide over and over.
There’s also a bucket swing, digger, musical instruments, a rocker and water play. I love that the rocker is a black swan – especially as black swans are often seen around the lake at Centenary Park. Such a great touch.
The water pump unfortunately wasn’t working while we were there but once it’s up and running I imagine that it’ll be a crowd favourite.
One thing to note is that although the playground is fully fenced, there is a section my kids could easily climb through and be out on the road side of the park.
The great thing about this playground is that it is located at Centenary Park which has a path around a lovely lake, a traditional playground, a separate climbing frame, plenty of BBQs and gazebos, exercise equipment, toilets, large playing field and cricket nets. It’s a great spot to walk your dog too (there are signs that say they must remain on lead) however I don’t believe they’re allowed inside the fenced playground.
The new play space is located on Daly street side of Centenary Park, Belmont, next to the community centre. There is a McDonald’s nearby which is handy for a coffee pick up on the way to the
The older playground is around the other side.
- Riverton Bar & Grill, Riverton - March 6, 2019
- Theo & Co. Pizzeria, East Victoria Park - February 17, 2019
- Gymbakids, LeisureFit Melville - February 17, 2019
- Pimlott & Strand, Dianella - January 18, 2019
- Embargo on the Point, Perth - December 20, 2018
- Swan Active, Midland - December 5, 2018
- Maylands Library, Maylands - November 7, 2018
- Inflatable World, Ballajura - October 10, 2018
- AH Bracks Library, Melville - September 27, 2018
- 2018 IGA Perth Royal Show - September 25, 2018
Amy is a SAHM to 2 girls and also currently studying, part time, towards a bachelor of commerce with business law major. She loves filling her days exploring Perth and all it has to offer and sharing her adventures on her Instagram.
- Member Reviews
- AddressAddress: Barker Street, western
City of Belmont