I have never been to the Rockingham Foreshore before, but now that I have I can’t wait to go back! It is so easy to get to and there is heaps of parking around. There is a long strip of playgrounds located in Churchill Park, one of which includes a closed in toddler area.
There are also some benches in the middle of the playground which is great for keeping a closer eye on the kids.
There are plenty of undercover picnic areas as well as BBQs and benches. There is also plenty of grass which is well maintained and perfect for a picnic. There are no shade sails over the equipment but there are plenty of trees that cover the majority of the Foreshore.
The grassed area gradually steps down to the beach area which is so clean and clear. We saw heaps of people sitting on the steps looking out over the water. There is also a beach platform area that is beautiful to stand at looking out on the ocean. You can see clearly across to Garden Island which is also quite interesting.
The toilets and change rooms there are quite clean and well kept. I believe this to be a very important thing as you could easily spend all day here!
On the other side of the Foreshore is a strip of cafes which are nice to sit at and enjoy a coffee or some food. Most of these places only accept Cash though which can sometimes be a little frustrating, however, with so much space you should really take advantage of all the picnic areas.
Churchill Park is a very popular spot but because it is so big it does not feel crowded and is actually fairly quiet. We had a very relaxing and enjoyable morning.
- Little Creatures, Fremantle - August 21, 2018
- Doughnut Decorating at Epicurean Crown Perth - July 3, 2018
- Kids Wonderland 2018 Review, 4th – 8th July - July 2, 2018
- Silks Crown Perth - June 22, 2018
- Sunflowers Animal Farm, Margaret River - May 7, 2018
- 140 Kids! Perth - April 16, 2018
- Latitude Perth - March 16, 2018
- The Unbelievables, Crown Theatre Perth - January 19, 2018
- Easy Halloween Food Ideas - October 14, 2017
- Timezone, Joondalup - September 23, 2017
Jennie McNichol is the co-founder of Buggybuddys. She moved to Perth in 2010 after 11 years of living in London, working in television for the BBC. She is the mother of two daughters aged 9 and 6 and loves the family-friendly lifestyle that Perth has to offer.