I have never been to the Rockingham Foreshore before, but now that I have I can’t wait to go back! It is so easy to get to and there is heaps of parking around. There is a long strip of playgrounds located in Churchill Park, one of which includes a closed in toddler area.
There are also some benches in the middle of the playground which is great for keeping a closer eye on the kids.
There are plenty of undercover picnic areas as well as BBQs and benches. There is also plenty of grass which is well maintained and perfect for a picnic. There are no shade sails over the equipment but there are plenty of trees that cover the majority of the Foreshore.
The grassed area gradually steps down to the beach area which is so clean and clear. We saw heaps of people sitting on the steps looking out over the water. There is also a beach platform area that is beautiful to stand at looking out on the ocean. You can see clearly across to Garden Island which is also quite interesting.
The toilets and change rooms there are quite clean and well kept. I believe this to be a very important thing as you could easily spend all day here!
On the other side of the Foreshore is a strip of cafes which are nice to sit at and enjoy a coffee or some food. Most of these places only accept Cash though which can sometimes be a little frustrating, however, with so much space you should really take advantage of all the picnic areas.
Churchill Park is a very popular spot but because it is so big it does not feel crowded and is actually fairly quiet. We had a very relaxing and enjoyable morning.
- Cable Beach Club Resort and Spa, Broome - March 14, 2019
- Pullman Resort, Bunker Bay - February 4, 2019
- Rainbow Island Treasure Hunt VR at The WA Shipwrecks Museum - January 13, 2019
- Silks Crown Perth - January 9, 2019
- Ningaloo Dome Experience, WA Maritime Museum - January 6, 2019
- Kids Summer Fest, Elizabeth Quay - January 4, 2019
- Doughnut Decorating at Epicurean Crown Perth - January 3, 2019
- Christmas ArtVo at Crown Perth - December 18, 2018
- Bistro 38 Champagne Carvery Chococlate Buffet at Joondalup Resort - December 2, 2018
- Balingup Heights Hilltop Forest Cottages - November 28, 2018
Jennie McNichol is the co-founder of Buggybuddys. She moved to Perth in 2010 after 11 years of living in London, working in television for the BBC. She is the mother of two daughters aged 10 and 8 and loves the family-friendly lifestyle that Perth has to offer.
- Member Reviews
- AddressAddress: Rockingham Beach Road