If you’re looking for somewhere near the beach for coffee and a play date, Coogee Beach Playground, with its ship themed play structure, could be just the place for you.
The structure itself is mainly wooden with a sand pit base and features a wavy slide and rope ladders. There’s a rope bridge, a telescope and portholes to look through as well as an alphabet and numbers game.
Based on the height of the playground, I’d say this one is for kids two and over. Especially with the rope ladders and rope bridge, littler ones will need watching and assistance.
Set separately in the sand is a spinning pole. This got lots of use from both Miss Almost Four and a two and a half year old girl she made friends with.
Adjacent to the playground, there is lots of grassed areas. Great for spreading out a picnic blanket or running around on. With the sandy base under the playground, you could bring a bucket and spade or toy trucks and diggers from home for extra fun.
The footpath here loops around along side the playground, so kids could scoot or bike up and down.
In addition to the playground, we found two free barbecues and three covered picnic tables, which would be great for casual parties or get-togethers. Alternatively, you could grab a takeaway coffee or snack from the nearby Surfing Lizard Espresso Bar to enjoy while the kids cut loose and burn some energy.
It’s just a short walk down the nearby sand to the beach, so you could combine your playground visit with a swim and a picnic for a cheap, fun-filled outing.
Toilets and changing facilities are available at the surf club, downstairs from The Surfing Lizard Espresso Bar, as is parking.
Coogee Beach Playground
Located on Poore Grove, Munster.
- Prickly Pear Cafe, Yokine - June 11, 2019
- Christmas in July Events 2019 - June 4, 2019
- Noggos Kitchen and Coffee, Maylands - May 24, 2019
- WA Day Family Events 2019 - May 14, 2019
- Family Friendly Events for June 2019 - May 11, 2019
- Adzera Cafe, Scarborough - April 23, 2019
- Family Friendly Events for May 2019 - April 23, 2019
- Mother’s Day Ideas 2019 - April 16, 2019
- ANZAC Day Events in Perth 2019 - April 3, 2019
- Easter Family Events in Perth 2019 - March 31, 2019
Holly Clark is currently a stay at home mum of one, a self-confessed coffee addict and a baker of sweet treats. She studied Professional Writing and Editing and occasionally writes on her recipe blog, Lucky Star's Kitchen
- Member Reviews
- AddressAddress: Poore Grove