Delamere Park Playground in Currambine delivers on everything you want to keep kids aged 2yrs onwards entertained and active for hours. The only thing it doesn’t deliver on is shade and this park does sit on a main thoroughfare road.
The park has plenty of off-road and on-road parking and has the wonderful benefit of being within spitting distance of a Dome Cafe Restaurant. There’s also a toilet block.
Continuing the theme of thoughtful and useful facilities in this park are the 2 double BBQ plates and shaded picnic tables, 2 water fountains and ample benches scattered around the park.
In the middle of the park are is a large amphitheatre layout and huge grassed area with a pathway great for scooters/bikes. My kids loved playing in the amphitheatre area running up and down the stairs, balancing on the low walls and generally just racing up and down and jumping around.
Moving onto the next interesting area in this park is the music nature play area set in wood chip. Kids can bang on wooded drums, whack musical pipes and bop a few metal objects to make a racket! My 6year old enjoyed the challenge of the wooded stilts and stepping stones.
Adjacent to the nature play area is a sand based section ideal for toddlers and kids who love digging. There are a few hidden items (shells and dinosaur bones) under the sand in some areas great to keep your little one amazed and active! There is a small kids cubby play structure more for play acting and doodling with the levels, knobs and slides. There are small little handles around the structure so great for new walkers to pull themselves up and stand.
There’s a normal swing and a birds nest swing plus a see-saw rocker
Finally the main two play structures include a swirly slide, climbing wall and steps. Then there’s a small flying fox, parallel monkey bars and lots of climbing ropes.
You can find Delamere Park on Delamere Avenue, Currambine behind the back of Currambine Central shopping centre.
- Forest Adventures South West - January 8, 2019
- What’s on this week for families in Perth - November 30, 2018
- Public Holidays WA - November 21, 2018
- Club Med Malaysia – Cherating Beach - November 19, 2018
- Guilderton Caravan Park WA - November 18, 2018
- The Rainbow Jungle Parrot Breeding Centre, Kalbarri - November 5, 2018
- Kalbarri National Park Z-Bend River Trail Lookout and Walk - October 30, 2018
- Bluff Knoll with Kids, Stirling Ranges - October 30, 2018
- Kids Sailing Perth – Tiny Tackers at Hillarys Yacht Club - October 29, 2018
- Shaana Cafe Yallingup - October 23, 2018
Lorraine is co-owner of Buggybuddys and is mother to Blake (10) and Lollie (8). Lorraine is passionate about health and fitness and loves exploring Western Australia in her Caravan.
- Member Reviews
- AddressAddress: Delamere Avenue