Place Category: Playgrounds
Des Penman Reserve is a large grassy reserve located in Nollamara. It is one of the largest of its kind in the area. Set aside in one corner, there is a neat playground, which is staggered over a number of levels for the kids to explore.
The main climbing frame has two plastic slides, a straight one and a twisty corkscrew slide. There are various climbing ladders, an abacus with blue plastic balls, a steering wheel for imaginative play, and a flying fox.
There is a cute spring rocker that looks like a lizard or maybe dinosaur. This was a favourite with Miss 2.5.
Miss 2.5 loved the spinning ring too, insisting I had to play on it with her. Look out as it moves fast!
This playground has two sets of swings, a set at each end of the playground, each with a toddler and a regular swing.
With two covered picnic tables and a barbecue, and lots of grassy areas to run and spread out a picnic rug, this playground area would be a good spot for barbecues or birthday parties.
We loved that most of the play equipment is covered by shade sails, preventing it from getting too hot for little hands or bottoms. There are tall shady trees surrounding the area which helps to keep it shaded throughout the day.
The playground is not fenced, so little wanderers will have to be watched to prevent them getting on the nearby road.
Free parking is available in the large carpark on Carcoola Street, with a smaller one also on Lemana Road. Public toilets are available on the other side of the reserve Kindra Way. For cold drinks or snacks, it is just a short walk to the IGA and shops on Nollamara Avenue.
Des Penman Reserve playground is located on the corner of Carcoola Street and Lemana Road, Nollamara.
- Noggos Kitchen and Coffee, Maylands - May 24, 2019
- WA Day Family Events 2019 - May 14, 2019
- Family Friendly Events for June 2019 - May 11, 2019
- Adzera Cafe, Scarborough - April 23, 2019
- Family Friendly Events for May 2019 - April 23, 2019
- Mother’s Day Ideas 2019 - April 16, 2019
- ANZAC Day Events in Perth 2019 - April 3, 2019
- Easter Family Events in Perth 2019 - March 31, 2019
- Family Friendly Events for April 2019 - March 18, 2019
- Family Friendly Events for March - February 15, 2019
Holly Clark is currently a stay at home mum of one, a self-confessed coffee addict and a baker of sweet treats. She studied Professional Writing and Editing and occasionally writes on her recipe blog, Lucky Star's Kitchen
- Member Reviews
- AddressAddress: Carcoola Street