Dixon Park now has a fantastic new nature playground which is packed full with many fun features.
There is a log tree house with various ways to get up to the top.
You can choose to take the rope ladder;
Or climb up the log notches;
Monkey bars and a fireman pole also provide excellent challenging fun, especially climbing up the pole!
Challenge friends to a race around an obstacle course … different level stepping logs lead around the treehouse and a rope balance beam and wobbly wooden bridge.
By far the most popular item was the water and sand play area. There is heaps of slopping fun to be had in the sand & water at the end of the waterfall that includes dams.
There is a fun little roundabout that fits quite a few on the inside and the outside!
There is also a birds nest swing and a traditional swing with a baby/toddler seat.
Dixon Reserve has free gas BBQs, shaded picnic tables, heaps of shade under the large trees and lots of room for picnic rugs. It makes it a great location for a catch up.
Bring the balls, there is a very large oval alongside the playground with footy posts and half a basketball court.
On the far side of the oval is a recently upgraded BMX Pump Track so don’t forget to bring along your bike or scooter.
Unfortunately, there are no public toilets close by.
Dixon Park Nature Playground is located on Ommanney Street, Hamilton Hill
- Cockburn Gateway – Rumble in the Jungle – July School Holidays - July 2, 2018
- Incredibles 2 Review - June 14, 2018
- Adrenaline Vault, Belmont - May 29, 2018
- Hoddywell Archery, Toodyay - May 15, 2018
- Sculpture by the Sea 2018 - March 8, 2018
- XLR8 Obstacle Course, Baldivis - February 8, 2018
- Aloha Surfhouse, Joondalup - February 1, 2018
- Smurf World School Holiday at Cockburn Gateway Shopping Centre - January 8, 2018
- January School Holiday Activities for Perth Tweens - January 4, 2018
- Ruby’s Bakehouse, Leeming - December 6, 2017
Jacqui is a busy mum to 4 school age children who is currently a Swimming Teacher with Jump! Swim School Bibra Lake and studying part time towards a Commerce degree in Human Resources & Marketing.
In her free time, Jacqui enjoys getting out & about with her family checking out new places. You can follow Jacqui on Facebook and Instagram as Perth Tweens