The Fremantle Esplanade Playground and surrounding space cater for all ages. It is situated on Marine Terrace, opposite the Esplanade Hotel. The playground is surrounded by huge Norfolk Island Pines and green grass making it a great spot for a picnic.
The playground has a low-level play structure and low swing which are perfectly suited to crawlers or toddlers. The structure has steps, lookout platform and a slide.
There are also four other swings, a toddler swing, a high back swing for babies and two normal swings. To the side, there is also a bird’s nest swing.
There is a large see-saw.
The play structures are linked with wooden walkways and have a number of slides and with different styles of steps to access.
Your climbers will love the monkey bars, flying fox and monkey bars.For the older children or young dare devils, there is a spider net climbing frame with a partly enclosed curved slide accessed from a rope bridge.
The playground is wood chip based. There are a couple of benches around the area, however, there are no picnic tables or BBQs. There is plenty of grass and shade from the trees so you could put down a picnic rug. Public toilets are nearby at the edge of the park and a water fountain close by. The park is located on Marine Terrace and there is a lot of parking around the area but they are all pay and display.
The Carriage Cafe is close by for light lunches, coffee and snacks. They offer kids meals including nuggets and chips, fish and chips and toasted sandwiches.There is plenty to see and do around the playground including the Fremantle Youth Plaza with a skate park and climbing frames for older children, the Fremantle Eye, Fishing Boat Harbour and Fremantle Markets.
We visited on a Sunday and found a face painter under the trees on the side of the playground. She is there every Sunday and a face paint costs $5.
- Secret Garden Cafe and Patisserie, South Perth - June 19, 2018
- Riverton Library, Riverton - June 14, 2018
- Tumblers Kids Gym, Riverton Leisureplex - June 7, 2018
- The Local Shack, Forrestfield - June 5, 2018
- PJ Masks at Karrinyup Shopping Centre - April 17, 2018
- Castledare Miniature Railway - April 10, 2018
- The Faraway Tree Cafe and Community Space, Glen Forrest - April 4, 2018
- Blasta Brewing Company, Burswood - March 26, 2018
- Cape View Beach Resort, Busselton - March 20, 2018
- Busselton Jetty - March 20, 2018
Claire Tondut is currently a stay-at-home mother of one daughter and a puppy. When she is not chasing little Miss around she loves to spend time with hubby, friends and family.