The Esplanade Youth Plaza in Fremantle is a family-friendly, inner-city hangout located at the southeastern corner of Fremantle’s Esplanade Reserve. Costing $1.6million to develop, the Plaza opened in April 2014.
The Esplanade Youth Plaza features a world-class skate park catering for skaters of all abilities with its long continuous street run and other elements such as stair sets, hubbas, rails and gaps. It also provides great fun for BMX and scooter riders.
Children of all ages are welcome to use the park but if you have younger children you need to be aware that the park is primarily designed for the older kids so they may find it a little overwhelming on weekends when it’s busy. Best to take them along during the week when the big kids are in school.
There is plenty of seating and viewing areas. A fun time can be had by taking a pew and watching all the talented skaters and bikers perform their tricks.
The Esplannade Youth Plaza also includes WA’s first outdoor parkour park.
Miss 6 had a fun time just hanging around.
A large marine buoy is a feature of the design of the Esplanade Youth Plaza which pays tribute to Fremantle’s marine heritage.
Families can get competitive with each other in the family ping pong area.
The Plaza is located close by to the existing traditional Esplanade playground which caters well to the younger children.
The Esplanade Youth Plaza offers lots of great free activities during the school holidays which include Skate Clinics, BMX Tricks and Skills, Scooter Tricks and Skills and Parkour to name just a few. See fremantlestory.com.au for more details.
- Cable Beach Club Resort and Spa, Broome - March 14, 2019
- Pullman Resort, Bunker Bay - February 4, 2019
- Rainbow Island Treasure Hunt VR at The WA Shipwrecks Museum - January 13, 2019
- Silks Crown Perth - January 9, 2019
- Ningaloo Dome Experience, WA Maritime Museum - January 6, 2019
- Kids Summer Fest, Elizabeth Quay - January 4, 2019
- Doughnut Decorating at Epicurean Crown Perth - January 3, 2019
- Christmas ArtVo at Crown Perth - December 18, 2018
- Bistro 38 Champagne Carvery Chococlate Buffet at Joondalup Resort - December 2, 2018
- Balingup Heights Hilltop Forest Cottages - November 28, 2018
Jennie McNichol is the co-founder of Buggybuddys. She moved to Perth in 2010 after 11 years of living in London, working in television for the BBC. She is the mother of two daughters aged 10 and 8 and loves the family-friendly lifestyle that Perth has to offer.
- Member Reviews
- AddressAddress: Marine Terrace