Fancote Park is located behind Stargate Shops in Kelmscott. As we drove past the big forte caught our eye so we stopped for a look and a play.The park has wide open grassed spaces for ball games or running around, sand-based playground, exercise equipment and the forte. The park is also equipped with a covered BBQ, picnic tables and benches around the play equipment. There is a drinking fountain near the picnic tables. The park has lovely mature trees which provide some shade for the picnic tables and exercise equipment. There is a fence between the park and the bushland.
There are two small exercise stations, each with about four different exercise machines. Even though these aren’t technically play equipment my daughter always loves to try them out and see what the equipment does. These are located close to the road.
The fort is perfect for little imaginations and games. I was a little wary of what I might find inside the forte but the day I visited it was very clean. There are steps on either side of the entrance and a viewing walkway that goes all the way around. The ground level is clear around the tower. My daughter and another girl that was in the park played chase in the fort for a little while.
The playground is sand based and has the main piece of equipment with slide, a rope climbing frame, double swing – one toddler and one normal, horse rocker and a small sand play table. This part of the playground is not shaded.
The main play equipment had a small flying fox, some balancing equipment and monkey bars. There was also a small climbing wall, a slide and a fireman’s pole.
After we’d finished playing we went across the road to Dome for some lunch.
Fancote Park is located on Page Rd Kelmscott, just behind Stargate Shops, there is some parking available.
- Belmont Forum – Playspace - August 13, 2018
- Hampton & Maley, Victoria Park - August 13, 2018
- Secret Garden Cafe and Patisserie, South Perth - June 19, 2018
- Riverton Library, Riverton - June 14, 2018
- Tumblers Kids Gym, Riverton Leisureplex - June 7, 2018
- The Local Shack, Forrestfield - June 5, 2018
- PJ Masks at Karrinyup Shopping Centre - April 17, 2018
- Castledare Miniature Railway - April 10, 2018
- The Faraway Tree Cafe and Community Space, Glen Forrest - April 4, 2018
- Blasta Brewing Company, Burswood - March 26, 2018
Claire Tondut is currently a stay-at-home mother of one daughter and a puppy. When she is not chasing little Miss around she loves to spend time with hubby, friends and family.