Fun new adventure pla Read more [...]
As we pulled up to this new playground at Frasers Landing in Mandurah the first word out of both my kid’s mouths was “WOW” – the bright red playground is definitely eye-catching!!!
The main play structure replicates a bird’s nest which ties into the naturalistic lifestyle of Frasers Landing.
To reach the top children can either use the rock climbing wall, net rope ladder or tree climber ladder.
Once at the top of the first platform cross over the wobbly wooden bridge.
And up the rope net.
At the top of the bird’s nest is a spiral tunnel slide.
There was no way my toddler could reach the top of the bird’s nest, luckily there is a smaller slide he could reach with a little assistance.
Another great feature is the tripod swing.
At ground level in the sandpit there is a large spinning bowl, big enough to fit a couple of kids at a time.
And a balancing rope.
To the side of the sandpit is a small nature play area with stepping logs, a small teepee and lots of logs and trees to climb.
Serpentine River runs along one side the park, some locals told us they often see dolphins in the river – unfortunately, we didn’t see any on our visit. Down at the river is a wooden pontoon for launching kayaks.
On the opposite side of the playground is a lake where we spotted lots of ducks – there is a path that leads around the lake making it a great place to ride bikes or scooters.
The playground is not fenced, both water areas are easily accessible so you’ll need to keep a close eye on small wondering children.
There is a sheltered picnic table with bench seating, but no toilets or BBQs.
While the playground isn’t huge there is heaps to love about it and explore.
Frasers Landing Playground is located on Lakewood Parkway, Coodanup.
- Mandurah Cruises – Kids Cruise FREE - April 17, 2018
- Camel West Inner City Camel Riding Tour - April 16, 2018
- Tom Vickers and the Extraordinary Adventure of his Missing Sock - April 16, 2018
- Play-Doh Immersive Zone, Lakeside Joondalup - April 16, 2018
- How to Get Rid of the Gross Nasties Lurking in your Matress! - April 11, 2018
- RAC Intellibus - April 5, 2018
- Dragon’s Kingdom – Adventure World - March 29, 2018
- Horrible Histories – Pirates: The Exhibition, WA Maritime Museum - March 24, 2018
- Lavendale Farmstay, York - March 19, 2018
- Easter Events in Perth 2018 - March 19, 2018
Kellie Elliott is a stay at home mum of 4 she enjoys adventuring around Perth with her children and sharing her journeys and experiences on Instagram.