- AboutFrye Park or Pirate Park in Kelmscott is a great park which features a large pirate ship but also has a fenced toddler playground and picnic tables in the same area. The toddler area and picnic tables are covered with shade sails in summer.The pirate ship has plenty to do with three slides, climbing challenges and treasure hunts. The pirate ship has seats underneath and the area is high enough that my Miss 3.5 could walk around with no problem. She liked the idea of having her snacks where the pirates have lunch.
Up on top deck is quite open and spacious too with room to run about, there are lots of features to get the imagination working, like steering wheels, cannons, and spaces to climb through.
My daughter thought the walking the gangplank was fun as it bounces slightly if you jump on the end.
There are two smaller straight slides and one longer twisted slide coming out the ship. Access to the top deck is from a small climbing walls or stairs.There were also some different activities built into the ship such as the treasure hunt, treasure tumble or the rhyme spinner which plays music if it’s spun fast enough.
In the same area as the pirate ship is a birds nest swing, a large see-saw and a little boat. Built into the soft fall base is some ocean themed features like the dolphin.
The toddler area atFrye Park is fenced but when we visited the gates had been removed. It is mostly soft fall base but there is sand in the middle where the slide is. The area has a double toddler swing, a rocker, a spinner and a small climbing frame with a slide. We didn’t spend much time in this area but it seemed like it would be a good space for younger children.
Outside the toddler area are four picnic tables. These are on grass and shaded in summer.Surrounding the park is a large oval so there is plenty of space for running around or ball games.Frye Park has a lot to keep kids occupied and encourage them to use their imagination. It was a hit with Miss 3.5 who has been telling everyone about the pirate ship she went on.There are toilets in the vicinity and a water fountain.
Frye Park is located on Clifton St Kelmscott. Parking available.
- Antz HQ, Victoria Park - May 30, 2019
- The Painted Teapot, Subiaco - November 20, 2018
- Cafe 63, Westfield Carousel - October 4, 2018
- Decadent C’s, Mandurah - October 3, 2018
- Zoorassic Park at Perth Zoo - September 20, 2018
- Pre-Schoolers Mornings, Waterford Plaza - September 18, 2018
- S&R Orchard Blossom Festival - September 6, 2018
- Belmont Forum – Playspace - August 13, 2018
- Hampton & Maley, Victoria Park - August 13, 2018
- Secret Garden Cafe and Patisserie, South Perth - June 19, 2018
Claire Tondut is currently a stay-at-home mother of one daughter and a puppy. When she is not chasing little Miss around she loves to spend time with hubby, friends and family.
- Member Reviews
- AddressAddress: Clifton Street