G.O. Edwards Park on Burswood Road has recently had a facelift and the new playground opened in May 2018. The playground is now a nice mix of traditional playground equipment and nature play. Parking is available in the car park off Burswood Road.
The first thing we noticed about the park was the steep red slide. As soon as our daughter was out the car she ran straight to this slide. The slide is built on softfall base and is enclosed. The slide is steep and fast but lots of fun.
There is a birds nest swing on a wood chip base. There is also a double swing set which is in a sand base area and has a toddler swing and a regular swing. Other equipment includes a sand digger and music making pipes.
Another feature of the park is a large log climbing structure. There are also lots of wooden steps logs and stones throughout the park.
In the middle of the play equipment was a small grass area with some park benches. There are also a couple of other benches around so plenty of seating options for parents.
The park has been created using a number of different bases, sand, softfall, wood chips and even a couple of large pebbled areas in the walkways.
The park has pathways around it and if you go towards the lake there is a pathway around the lake too. You could incorporate a walk or bike ride into your play.
There is also a viewing area near the lake, this is a wooden platform with two tall panels with viewing windows – a safe way for little ones to view the lake and fountain.
The wider park area has large grassed areas, picnic tables, bbq and toilets. There are lots of large trees providing natural shade. The park is fenced along Burswood road but if you have a runner be aware there is a lake nearby and the busy Great Eastern Hwy is across a large grassed area.
- Cafe 63, Westfield Carousel - October 4, 2018
- Decadent C’s, Mandurah - October 3, 2018
- Zoorassic Park at Perth Zoo - September 20, 2018
- Pre-Schoolers Mornings, Waterford Plaza - September 18, 2018
- S&R Orchard Blossom Festival - September 6, 2018
- Belmont Forum – Playspace - August 13, 2018
- Hampton & Maley, Victoria Park - August 13, 2018
- Secret Garden Cafe and Patisserie, South Perth - June 19, 2018
- Riverton Library, Riverton - June 14, 2018
- Tumblers Kids Gym, Riverton Leisureplex - June 7, 2018
Claire Tondut is currently a stay-at-home mother of one daughter and a puppy. When she is not chasing little Miss around she loves to spend time with hubby, friends and family.
G.O. Edwards Park
Located – 173 Burswood Road, Burswood
- Member Reviews
- AddressAddress: 173 Burswood Rd