Garvey Park is a great local park just at the end of Fauntleroy Avenue on the river’s edge in Ascot.
The kids love the playground as it has something to suit both my sensible 5 year old and my adventurous almost 3 year old! The play equipment is all on sand with a large sail shade over most of the equipment which is great in the warmer months. There’s a toddler section with a small slide, lots for the bigger kids to climb on and the large spinning wheel is always a hit!
We’ve had a few picnics here over the years as there’s so much space, and you know you’ll always find a shady spot under the trees.
Garvey Park is a good meeting point for a stroll along the foreshore, a bit further up from the playground there’s also a boardwalk across the wetlands to explore.
Ascot Riverside Kiosk is right there but it never seems to be open when we go for a play! I hear they do a great breakfast and the coffee is good so worth a try if you’re in the area. Google tells me they are open 7.00am – 4.00pm weekends and from 7am – 2.30pm Mondays, Tuesdays and Fridays so unfortunately no after school milkshakes here.
There’s loads of parking, free BBQs and the public toilets aren’t too far (right behind the kiosk).
Great views of the river, but far enough away that I can catch up with the kids quickly if they start running in that direction!
- Jamie’s Italian, Perth - April 8, 2018
- The Taphouse at Mulberry Estate Swan Valley - January 9, 2018
- The Brickman Wonders of the World - June 26, 2017
- Dome Cafe, Bassendean - May 28, 2017
- Little Princess High Tea at the Pagoda Resort and Spa - May 1, 2017
- Pitter Patter Music Together, Bassendean - April 27, 2017
- Guzman Y Gomez, Mount Lawley - February 27, 2017
- Adventure Putt Miniature Golf, Swan Valley - January 30, 2017
- Mash Brewing Swan Valley - January 27, 2017
- Moore and Moore Cafe Fremantle - January 1, 2017
Alison Cridge is a busy marketer who loves exploring Perth with her family, more often than not in search of the perfect flat white! A born 'n bred Perth girl, Alison is enjoying seeing a different side of the city with her two young children. She loves cheese, wine and travelling and can't wait to show Izzy and Leo the world 🙂