Germano Park is a peaceful, leafy park with a playground to suit most kids located in Wanneroo. If your kids love to climb, they’ll love this park.
What struck me first when we arrived at Germano Park was how quiet and green it was. The park is full of trees and soft birdsong.
The playground area is covered by shade sails with a sand base. This features climbing rope equipment in the form of a rope tunnel, a rope ladder, and ropes with plastic platforms to balance across. Miss 3 was very proud of herself for getting across the platforms!
The playground structure also has 2 slides of different sizes, one at either end. There is a clock for practising telling the time, and a fireman’s pole, a steering wheel and a shop front in the bottom for imaginative play.
For bigger kids, there is a flying fox and monkey bar rings attached. This joins to the main play structure via a ladder with similar platforms with swinging ropes with handles. Smaller children like Miss 3 may need some assistance with this ladder as the sand makes it a little slippery, and there are no handrails to hold.
Freestanding in the sandpit is a double-sided spring rocker, a noughts and crosses game and a sand funnel with a scoop and windmill. There is also a swing set with a toddler swing and a regular swing. This was a winner with Miss 3 who loves her swings at the moment.
Beyond the playground is lots of grassed space surrounded or shaded by large trees. Perfect for kicking a ball around or throwing out a picnic rug. The trees also have lots of great hiding spots if you’re enjoying the rock painting and hiding craze with your kids.
A footpath loops around the outer edge of the park and partially around the playground. So kids could bring along their scooter or bike and practice riding up and down.
Corner of Bothwell Way and Roslin Road, Wanneroo.
Parking is limited, with two proper car bays available on Bowmore Drive.
- The Mean Bean Diner, Bullsbrook - October 23, 2018
- Landsdale Farm School - October 23, 2018
- Herdsman Lake Wildlife Centre, Churchlands - October 10, 2018
- Inflatable World, Shenton Park - October 10, 2018
- Little Donkey Corner, Tuart Hill - September 18, 2018
- September Family Friendly Events Perth - August 23, 2018
- Father’s Day Events in Perth 2018 - August 22, 2018
- Perth Family Friendly Events in August - August 1, 2018
- Coode St Cafe, Mount Lawley - July 19, 2018
- Hatched Coffee Shop, Kingsley - July 9, 2018
Holly Clark is currently a stay at home mum of one, a self-confessed coffee addict and a baker of sweet treats. She studied Professional Writing and Editing and occasionally writes on her recipe blog, Lucky Star's Kitchen
- Member Reviews
- AddressAddress: Bothwell Way