Grenville Reserve is a hidden gem of a park located in the heart of Tuart Hill. It is located on the corner of Stoneham and Hector Streets, behind Tuart College.
This park features a playground that would suit children of various ages and skill levels. It has a toddler swing and a regular swing, two slides, a small flying fox, a 4-way rocker, and a handful of climbing and balancing challenges. Most of the playground is covered by shade sails. The only thing not covered is the rocker, so best to check if it’s hot before little ones jump on to avoid burnt bottoms.
Close to the playground is a barbecue area with two hot plates and a covered picnic table. These seem very clean and well maintained, too. Perfect for lazy summer barbecues while the kids play.
In addition to having a playground, Grenville Reserve has some sports equipment available to use. There are tennis courts, a basketball hoop and a rebound wall. I’ve seen kids practising their tennis skills with the rebound wall, as well as parents kicking a ball against it with their kids. Towards the other end of the park, past the community centre, is an area to practise cricket skills.
Grenville Reserve has a football oval, and many grassy areas to run and kick a ball around or walk the dog. There are some smooth tree-lined paths which would great for little learners riding bikes or scooters.
There are two water fountains available along the walking path, including one for dogs. Public toilets are available at the community centre, however, there are no baby change facilities that we could see.
Grenville Reserve is clean and I feel very safe for younger children. It isn’t fenced, but the playground area is set far back enough to avoid runners like my 2.5-year-old getting onto the road. It’s close to public transport, with a bus stopping regularly on Stoneham Street, and there is a deli a block away if you feel like a cold drink or ice cream on the way home.
- Family Friendly Events for March - February 15, 2019
- Red Man Cucina, Bedford - February 14, 2019
- Schlice, Morley - February 14, 2019
- Sugar & Nice, Inglewood - February 12, 2019
- Chinese New Year Events in Perth - January 29, 2019
- Best Playgrounds for Flying Fox Fun in Perth - January 20, 2019
- Family Friendly Events for February - January 17, 2019
- Australia Day Events Perth 2019 - January 15, 2019
- City of Perth – Family Friendly Australia Day Events - January 8, 2019
- Animaze: Amazing Animals for Kids - January 3, 2019
Holly Clark is currently a stay at home mum of one, a self-confessed coffee addict and a baker of sweet treats. She studied Professional Writing and Editing and occasionally writes on her recipe blog, Lucky Star's Kitchen
- Member Reviews
- AddressAddress: Stoneham Street