In the heart of Beldon is Haddington Park Public Playground. It’s a mix of traditional play equipment and nature play. It’s a real gem with something for everyone.
The main play structure in the playground is surrounded with soft white sand, and features a slide, a fireman pole, a steering wheel, climbing ropes, monkey bars and ladders.
Separate to this is a collection of climbing nets with a hammock, and a spring rocker. Miss 2.5 thought it was great lying on the hammock in the sun.
This playground has four swings, two of which are toddler swings. So hopefully there’s no need for arguments over who gets to swing first if you visit with more than one child!
The nature play aspect features some logs and balance beams with wood chips beneath.
There is lots of open green space around the playground with trees and paths. We saw a woman practising some wicked soccer skills during our visit. She was amazing! So it’s great for ball sports. The paths in the park would be great for bikes or scooters.
Nearby, near some shady native trees, there is a series of jumps and a track for kids interested in BMX-style riding. These are a bit rough and some of the hilltops are sealed with asphalt, so helmets and safety gear would be recommended.
Next to the playground area is a barbecue with two hot plates, which on our visit was very clean. There is a shaded picnic table, but no toilets or water fountain we could see.
Haddington Park isn’t fenced but is situated far enough back from the road that even the biggest little runner should be safe enough.
The playground equipment would suit toddlers through to primary school kids, with older kids more likely to enjoy the climbing ropes and monkey bars, and the paths and jumps for their bikes.
Haddington Park Playground is located on Haddington Street, Beldon. Roadside parking is best on Berkshire Drive, and the bike jumps are accessed easiest from Geelong Close.
- Family Friendly Events for February - January 17, 2019
- Australia Day Events Perth 2019 - January 15, 2019
- City of Perth – Family Friendly Australia Day Events - January 8, 2019
- Animaze: Amazing Animals for Kids - January 3, 2019
- January Family Friendly Events in Perth - December 26, 2018
- New Year’s Eve Family Friendly Events 2018/2019 - December 20, 2018
- Free Things to do in Perth with Kids - December 19, 2018
- The Bird, Fish and Reptile Place, Wattle Grove - December 18, 2018
- The Cheeky Peach Patisserie Cafe, Tuart Hill - December 13, 2018
- Best Perth Mega Parks… Worth a Day Trip - December 6, 2018
Holly Clark is currently a stay at home mum of one, a self-confessed coffee addict and a baker of sweet treats. She studied Professional Writing and Editing and occasionally writes on her recipe blog, Lucky Star's Kitchen
- Member Reviews
- AddressAddress: Haddington Street