Halliday Park is a quiet park with lots of open green space located behind The Bayswater Hotel. The park is named after an early Bayswater settler, Henry Thomas Halliday, and as of May 2018 the playground area has undergone an upgrade with a new play structure and fresh sand now in place.
The new structure features two rock climbing walls for the bigger kids, as well as monkey bars, a fireman pole and a rope spiderweb.
Smaller kids will enjoy the play house door in the bottom, and the steering wheel and the telescope up top, which are all great for imaginative play.
Miss 4 loved the long tube slide, choosing to slide again and again, and enjoying calling down the slide to hear her voice amplified.
Separately from the larger structure is a swing set with a bird’s nest style swing, perfect for sharing with a friend, and a spring rocker, a favourite with younger kids.
Beyond the playground is a huge open grassy area with a memorial way off on the other side. Perfect space for kicking a football around or playing a family game of cricket. Whatever takes your fancy. With the large sand base, you could also bring down sand toys for extra fun.
Close by to the playground is a solid picnic table. So you could bring a picnic along or grab snacks or lunch at a cafe along the way.
Halliday Park, 6 Coode Street, Bayswater. Street parking is available on Drake Street or behind The Bayswater Hotel.
- Australia Day Events Perth 2019 - January 15, 2019
- City of Perth – Family Friendly Australia Day Events - January 8, 2019
- Animaze: Amazing Animals for Kids - January 3, 2019
- January Family Friendly Events in Perth - December 26, 2018
- New Year’s Eve Family Friendly Events 2018/2019 - December 20, 2018
- Free Things to do in Perth with Kids - December 19, 2018
- The Bird, Fish and Reptile Place, Wattle Grove - December 18, 2018
- The Cheeky Peach Patisserie Cafe, Tuart Hill - December 13, 2018
- Best Perth Mega Parks… Worth a Day Trip - December 6, 2018
- Santa’s Enchanted Wardrobe - December 4, 2018
Holly Clark is currently a stay at home mum of one, a self-confessed coffee addict and a baker of sweet treats. She studied Professional Writing and Editing and occasionally writes on her recipe blog, Lucky Star's Kitchen
- Member Reviews
- AddressAddress: 6 Coode St