Harold Boas Gardens, a lush inner city park, is dappled in sunlight. It’s a lovely spot for a picnic, with lots of shade and park benches.
And there’s a playground there too!
The tranquil gardens feature small lakes, waterfalls and streams, so keep an eye on toddlers – they will enjoy watch the ducks waddle around.
Kids will enjoy throwing a twig into the fast moving water to have a stick race under the bridge.
Many of the trees are over a century old. There’s a few with low hanging branches that are perfect for climbing.
There’s a small soft fall playground in a quiet corner of the park which is partly shaded by mature trees.
You’ll find a slide, climbing ropes, a climbing wall, a fireman’s pole and more.
The equipment is quite tall, so most of it is best for slightly older children. There’s a couple of swings, one being for toddlers and some spinning equipment too.
There are toilets located at the park, on Wellington Street. It’s easy to get to with street parking, close to the yellow cat bus at Watertown and about 300 meters walk from the City West train station. It’s amazing how peaceful this park is as it’s found on busy Wellington Street in West Perth.
Find Harold Boas Gardens on Wellington Street, West Perth.
- Kid-friendly Hotels and Resorts for a Perth Family Staycation - July 15, 2019
- The Local on Waratah, Dalkeith - July 12, 2019
- Lady Latte Cafe Scarborough - July 11, 2019
- Kid Friendly Pizza Restaurants in Perth - June 30, 2019
- Leapfrogs Cafe Wanneroo - June 30, 2019
- Best Mini Golf Courses in Perth - June 28, 2019
- Rainy Day Activities in the Margaret River Region - June 18, 2019
- Things to do in Mundaring with Kids - June 15, 2019
- Kid Friendly Restaurants with Log Fires in Perth - June 13, 2019
- Mundaring Weir With Kids - June 11, 2019
Amanda Carlin has her own blog - The Chef, His Wife and Their Perth-fect Life. The Chef's Wife LOVES to eat out in our beautiful city and discover new spots to dine. Amanda and Chef love tapas or something a little fancy for date night and with their son "Little Chef" in tow there's plenty of family friendly options too.
- Member Reviews
- AddressAddress: Wellington Street