Harold Boas Gardens, a lush inner city park, is dappled in sunlight. It’s a lovely spot for a picnic, with lots of shade and park benches.
And there’s a playground there too!
The tranquil gardens feature small lakes, waterfalls and streams, so keep an eye on toddlers – they will enjoy watch the ducks waddle around.
Kids will enjoy throwing a twig into the fast moving water to have a stick race under the bridge.
Many of the trees are over a century old. There’s a few with low hanging branches that are perfect for climbing.
There’s a small soft fall playground in a quiet corner of the park which is partly shaded by mature trees.
You’ll find a slide, climbing ropes, a climbing wall, a fireman’s pole and more.
The equipment is quite tall, so most of it is best for slightly older children. There’s a couple of swings, one being for toddlers and some spinning equipment too.
There are toilets located at the park, on Wellington Street. It’s easy to get to with street parking, close to the yellow cat bus at Watertown and about 300 meters walk from the City West train station. It’s amazing how peaceful this park is as it’s found on busy Wellington Street in West Perth.
Find Harold Boas Gardens on Wellington Street, West Perth.
- Miller’s Ice Creamery, Cowaramup - February 15, 2018
- Simmo’s Ice Creamery, Dunsborough - February 15, 2018
- Fremantle Prison - February 8, 2018
- Red Spoon, Cottesloe - January 31, 2018
- Dutch Brewing Company, Vic Park - January 31, 2018
- Bayside Kitchen, Crawley - January 25, 2018
- The Maze, Bullsbrook - January 17, 2018
- Amber Jacks, Cottesloe - January 15, 2018
- Oakover Grounds, Swan Valley - January 15, 2018
- Chatterbox Coffee and Juice Bar, Kalamunda - December 15, 2017
Amanda Carlin has her own blog - The Chef, His Wife and Their Perth-fect Life. The Chef's Wife LOVES to eat out in our beautiful city and discover new spots to dine. Amanda and Chef love tapas or something a little fancy for date night and with their son "Little Chef" in tow there's plenty of family friendly options too.