Set on the sheltered beach at the vibrant Hillarys Boat Harbour is this lovely playground. With a nautical theme including its very own rocking boat, there are steps and ladders, bridges and even a double slide to race down.
The equipment is well designed for younger children with toddlers confidently navigating their way around. The boat is very popular and has a few seats and steering wheel for the captain and, unlike others I’ve seen before, it has some open sides so younger children can also climb up and down themselves.
The main structure has plenty to do including a sand table, rockers, shop front for imaginative play, several climbing challenges, tunnels, a bridge and the slides. It was very popular when we visited on a sunny Sunday morning but there was enough space that the kids could all play freely without really waiting for turns.
Hillarys Boat Harbour playground is not far from the water’s edge so keep an eye on any littlies. The marina is beautifully sheltered and calm so would be the perfect spot for swimming and sandcastle building in warmer weather. A little distance from shore, close to the jetty is a pontoon with slides for older children to swim out too.
In summer, the playground and a stretch of the beach are all sheltered by shade sails.
There are toilets and showers near by, and of course a huge choice of restaurants and shops to browse at the marina. There are a few grassy spots and BBQs around near the beach too, with families enjoying a picnic together. Hillarys Boat Harbour playground really is the perfect spot for a day out, with so much to do all in the one spot.
- Something Italian, Merriwa - November 14, 2017
- Guzman y Gomez, Westfield Whitford City - October 11, 2017
- Prince of Wales Hotel Bistro Bunbury - September 4, 2017
- Corners on King Bunbury - September 4, 2017
- Bunbury Wildlife Park - May 29, 2017
- Music Together with Sarah - May 11, 2017
- Discovery Park-Koombana Bay Holiday Park - March 29, 2017
- WA Museum Discovery Zone at The State Library of WA - March 13, 2017
- Hardware Cafe, Quinns Rocks - February 4, 2017
- Craigie Leisure Centre - January 31, 2017
Kylie is the mum of a gorgeous toddler who is growing far too fast by devouring her sleep. She is a qualified early childhood teacher, who loves exploring the world through the eyes of a 2 year old and now knows more about diggers than she ever imagined she would
…MORE GREAT IDEAS FOR THINGS TO DO IN PERTH