Hyde park, an inner city park which boast a pretty awesome playground. It is situated on the corner of Vincent and Throssell Street, North Perth. The playground is perfect for kids of all ages and abilities.
The main playground resembles a castle where kids can let their imagination run wild, pretending to be knights and princesses running amok around the castle. There are curly slides and a couple of shorter slides, perfect for the younger ones. There are ramps going up and around too.
On the other side, there are various climbing structures, a rope climbing frame and also a rock climbing wall.
There is also a sandpit with colourful stepping stones, which my little one loves to pretend that the sand is poisonous and he has to only step on the stones to get to the other side. On the sand pit end, there is another rope climbing frame. If you hear kids squealing with excitement, it is most probably coming from the spinning ‘apple’. Kids can sit inside and spin themselves silly.
Hyde park playground is also suitable for kids with special needs.
In close proximity to the playground, there are toilet facilities, BBQ pits and plenty of benches or grass area for a picnic.
On multiple occasions, I’ve also come across a Coffee van and Mr whippy parked at the playground. The track around the park which loops around the pond, is also perfect for scooting around. You can even spot lots of native birds. If you’re after something to eat, do not miss heading over to Chu bakery for their awesome baked goods.
The big bonus to the Hyde Park playground is the newly opened water playground which borders the Vincent Street side of the park. The water playground is just visible from the playground area so whether you plan to pay a visit to the water playground or not I would pack a towel and a spare change of clothes for the kids in case you don’t get a choice!
- Myer Santaland, Perth - November 15, 2018
- Steamlab: Coffee and Tea Specialist, Applecross - October 3, 2018
- Lena Strawberry Farm, Anketell - September 1, 2018
- Incredibles 2 Immersive Zone, Karrinyup Shopping Centre - July 9, 2018
- LEGO Play Zone, Claremont Quarter - July 3, 2018
- Raeburn Orchard Persimmon Festival - May 9, 2018
- The Açai Corner, South Perth - April 17, 2018
- Perth Mango Farm - February 1, 2018
- Brotzeit Kids Bingo - January 23, 2018
- Santa Photography at Garden City - December 6, 2017
Estabelle is a mother of 2. Originally from Singapore, she loves her food, coffee and shopping. When not being a mad scientist in the laboratory, she enjoys being outdoors and spending time with her family and friends.
…MORE GREAT IDEAS FOR THINGS TO DO IN PERTH
- Member Reviews
- AddressAddress: 128 Vincent St