If you’re looking for a peaceful playground surrounded by trees and birds singing, then playground at Ian Robbins Park is for you.
Situated at the centre of the park is a great playground, which has recently been upgraded with new equipment and fresh white sand. This is covered with shade sails for much of day and has a few bench seats located close by.
The play structure is suitable for toddlers and upwards, though young children may require some assistance with some of the equipment.
This is a great playground for kids who love to climb. The top of the structure can be reached by climbing up a rock wall, up a web of ropes, through a rope tunnel or steps, or by climbing up a series of plastic platforms.
Once up, there is a steering wheel, a wooden bridge to cross, and a telescope for imaginative play. Miss 3 enjoyed pretending to be on a pirate ship and then pretending she was running a shop.
There is a little shop window in the lower part of the play structure, great for imaginative games.
Nearby in the sand, there is a spring rocker with two seats. Perfect for sharing.
On the opposite side of the sand, we found a sand funnel with a large scoop. As the sand runs through, it turns a colourful windmill below. Miss 3 probably played with this most of all.
Attached to the main structure, there are monkey bar rings and a flying fox.
A short walk, maybe 20m from the playground, is a small basketball court. Perfect for bigger kids who may not be into slides and building sandcastles anymore.
The park itself is full of native trees and bunches of grass trees. This attracts bird life, including some small parrots which are currently nesting in the gums. There are lots of grassed areas to run around or walk the dog (on a leash, and plenty of sneaky spots to hide rocks if you’re into the rock sharing craze.
Ian Robbins Park
14 McClintock Parkway, Alexander Heights. The playground is easiest accessed from Park Lane, near the corner of Euston Place.
- Family Friendly Events for March - February 15, 2019
- Red Man Cucina, Bedford - February 14, 2019
- Schlice, Morley - February 14, 2019
- Sugar & Nice, Inglewood - February 12, 2019
- Chinese New Year Events in Perth - January 29, 2019
- Best Playgrounds for Flying Fox Fun in Perth - January 20, 2019
- Family Friendly Events for February - January 17, 2019
- Australia Day Events Perth 2019 - January 15, 2019
- City of Perth – Family Friendly Australia Day Events - January 8, 2019
- Animaze: Amazing Animals for Kids - January 3, 2019
Holly Clark is currently a stay at home mum of one, a self-confessed coffee addict and a baker of sweet treats. She studied Professional Writing and Editing and occasionally writes on her recipe blog, Lucky Star's Kitchen
- Member Reviews
- AddressAddress: 14 McClintock Pkwy