Place Category: Playgrounds
A bit like the Secret Garden, Ivory Park is a hidden gem tucked away in the suburb of Noranda. It’s felt like a bit of an adventure trying to find it, hidden down some stairs, but it was well worth the effort.
The playground structure features plenty of climbing elements such as the climbing wall and the rope ladders. Great for keeping energetic little monkeys busy! There is a fireman pole, a flying fox, and monkey bars for bigger kids.
Most suitable for preschoolers onwards, though there are a couple of elements like the swings, a spinning pole, and the sand table that would appeal to toddlers. The playground also has two swings, both a toddler and a regular swing. Miss almost 3 enjoyed playing shops in the bottom section.
In addition to the playground structure, there is hopscotch squares, a basketball court and a grind bar for skateboarders.
Ivory Park would be a good spot for a casual children’s party or family get together. There is a rotunda covering a picnic table, with another picnic table naturally shaded by the surrounding trees.
The park has a lot of open space available. Great for ball games, playing frisbee or running around with the family dog. I spotted some small grassy hills close to the edges of this open space, and imagined how great it would be for rolling down!
An advantage of this park is it is set far back from the street is the element of safety. Little wanders have a lot of running to do before they can get into trouble.
We found the park clean and well maintained, though the stairway could use a bit of a sweep to remove some dead leaves. Overall, a great little park.
Ivory Park is best accessed from Salvator Street, Noranda, with a set of stairs located by 19 Salvator Street. Otherwise, there is street parking available on Ivory Street. Just follow the footpath about 100m in from the street.
Why not combine your visit to Ivory Park with a visit to Killa Sweet Treats for coffee and cupcakes? It’s just 5 minutes drive away.
- The Bird, Fish and Reptile Place, Wattle Grove - December 18, 2018
- The Cheeky Peach Patisserie Cafe, Tuart Hill - December 13, 2018
- Best Perth Mega Parks… Worth a Day Trip - December 6, 2018
- Santa’s Enchanted Wardrobe - December 4, 2018
- December Family Friendly Events in Perth - November 29, 2018
- Leisure World, Thornlie - November 20, 2018
- Best Parks For Birthday Parties in Perth - November 14, 2018
- Cool Kids Classes in Perth - November 7, 2018
- Bullsbrook Library, Bullsbrook - November 7, 2018
- The Mean Bean Diner, Bullsbrook - October 23, 2018
Holly Clark is currently a stay at home mum of one, a self-confessed coffee addict and a baker of sweet treats. She studied Professional Writing and Editing and occasionally writes on her recipe blog, Lucky Star's Kitchen
- Member Reviews
- AddressAddress: 19 Salvator St