Jackadder Lake Reserve is a lovely family park ideal for a morning or afternoon of fun play and scooting/cycling around the beautiful lake and spotting the wildlife. The playground is suitable for kids of all age and is set in a mixture of sand and soft play flooring.
Kids can enjoy wiggly slides, straight slides, and curly slides all of which aren’t particularly steep so great for the toddlers.
There’s a few steps up to some of the structures and lots of platforms and climbing fun.
The platform walkways surround the main structure and the kids enjoyed some fantasy play around bridges and crocodiles.
There are some structures for older kids such as the monkey bars and flying foxes, my 6 year old managed to reach up to one or two but need some assistance so probably more suitable for tall 7 year olds +
The park was shade free when we visited in the winter but there are shade poles there for summer time. There are a few picnic shelters and benches around the park so you can watch the kids in comfort.
There are only two swings in the park, a baby swing and normal swing overlooking the gorgeous views of the lake!
Jackadder Lake Reserve is a great spot for a picnic/bbq as there’s plenty of shade from the mature trees around the main playground and lake.
We started and ended our visit to the park on scooters as there’s a concrete pathway all around the lake. There is a few local cafe/restaurants walking distance to the reserve, we enjoyed a family lunch at Bada Bing Cafe just across the road making this a perfect weekend family trip.
- The Crooked Carrot Myalup - April 16, 2018
- RAC Karri Valley Resort - April 13, 2018
- Koombana Foreshore Playground - March 14, 2018
- Horrocks Caravan Park - February 14, 2018
- Bella’s Cupcake World Cafe Joondalup - February 12, 2018
- Just Jump Wanneroo - February 12, 2018
- School Holidays WA 2018 - December 19, 2017
- Rooftop Movies Perth - December 14, 2017
- Sand Dunes Sandy Cape Reserve Dundaragan - November 19, 2017
- Epicurean Restaurant at Crown Towers Perth - November 17, 2017
Lorraine is co-owner of Buggybuddys and is mother to Blake (9) and Lollie (6).