Kadidjiny Park, also known as The Dr Seuss playground, is located in the suburb of Melville just off the Canning Highway.
The playground is very different to your traditional playground. There are no multi-purpose climbing frames instead there is more of a focus on ‘nature play’. What makes Kadidjiny Park so different are the blue and grassy hill mounds that make up the play area and make you feel as though you are in Teletubbie land! Miss Almost 2 loved running up and down the mounds. There are also red and white stripy poles everywhere which give the park its nickname of Dr Seuss Playground.
There isn’t a huge amount of play equipment at Kadidjiny Park. You’ll find a set of swings – one baby and one normal.
Two great slides that are set into the rocks.
Sand-based equipment featuring two diggers and a treadmill.
A tripod swing.
A spinning cup and pole.
Sensory musical equipment.
A low-level climbing net in the shape of a spiders web.
There is a cool wood craved tree – great for imaginative play.
The playground is a mixture of sand, soft fall and grass. There isn’t a lot of shade over the play equipment so it can get quite hot.
The best thing about the playground is that it is fully fenced and gated so little people cannot escape.
There a BBQs and picnic tables within the fenced-in area.
There are toilets but they are situated outside of the playground.
- KidZania Singapore Review - July 8, 2019
- The Wild Fig Cafe, Scarborough - June 19, 2019
- The Slate Phuket Review - May 7, 2019
- Wanneroo Cuddly Animal Farm - April 25, 2019
- Blueback by Spare Parts Puppet Theatre - April 18, 2019
- Brickman Cities at the WA Maritime Museum - April 18, 2019
- The Importance Of Family Health Insurance When Travelling - April 16, 2019
- Cable Beach Club Resort and Spa, Broome - March 14, 2019
- Pullman Resort, Bunker Bay - February 4, 2019
- Rainbow Island Treasure Hunt VR at The WA Shipwrecks Museum - January 13, 2019
Jennie McNichol is the co-founder of Buggybuddys. She moved to Perth in 2010 after 11 years of living in London, working in television for the BBC. She is the mother of two daughters aged 10 and 8 and loves the family-friendly lifestyle that Perth has to offer.
- Member Reviews
- AddressAddress: Curtis Road