Kadidjiny Park, also known as The Dr Seuss playground, is located in the suburb of Melville just off the Canning Highway.
The playground is very different to your traditional playground. There are no multi-purpose climbing frames instead there is more of a focus on ‘nature play’. What makes Kadidjiny Park so different are the blue and grassy hill mounds that make up the play area and make you feel as though you are in Teletubbie land! Miss Almost 2 loved running up and down the mounds. There are also red and white stripy poles everywhere which give the park its nickname of Dr Seuss Playground.
There isn’t a huge amount of play equipment at Kadidjiny Park. You’ll find a set of swings – one baby and one normal.
Two great slides that are set into the rocks.
Sand-based equipment featuring two diggers and a treadmill.
A tripod swing.
A spinning cup and pole.
Sensory musical equipment.
A low-level climbing net in the shape of a spiders web.
There is a cool wood craved tree – great for imaginative play.
The playground is a mixture of sand, soft fall and grass. There isn’t a lot of shade over the play equipment so it can get quite hot.
The best thing about the playground is that it is fully fenced and gated so little people cannot escape.
There a BBQs and picnic tables within the fenced-in area.
There are toilets but they are situated outside of the playground.
- 140 Kids! Perth - April 16, 2018
- Latitude Perth - March 16, 2018
- The Unbelievables, Crown Theatre Perth - January 19, 2018
- Silks Crown Perth - January 12, 2018
- Easy Halloween Food Ideas - October 14, 2017
- Timezone, Joondalup - September 23, 2017
- Rottnest Carnivale October 28th 2017 - September 11, 2017
- Bullsbrook Strawberry Farm, Strawberry Picking Perth - July 24, 2017
- iFly Indoor Skydiving Experience, Perth - July 9, 2017
- Kids Wonderland 2017 Review, 5th – 9th July - July 4, 2017
Jennie McNichol is the co-founder of Buggybuddys. She moved to Perth in 2010 after 11 years of living in London, working in television for the BBC. She is the mother of two daughters aged 9 and 6 and loves the family-friendly lifestyle that Perth has to offer.