Keane’s Point playground is one of my favourite playgrounds. It is situated on the bank of the Swan River in Peppermint Grove next to the Royal Freshwater Bay Yacht Club.
There are two sand-based play areas at Keane’s Point Playground, both covered by sunshades, next to each. Each playground caters for different ages and is very well equipped and there is plenty to keep the kids amused!
The smaller play area which is suitable for children aged 5 and under.
There is a tripod swing in the older children’s playground which is always very popular and there is also a mini basket ball area.
Surrounding the playgrounds is a large grassy area, perfect for throwing down a picnic rug, with plenty of natural shade. There are two picnic tables and a couple of BBQs.
There is one toilet next to the playground. There are additional toilets in the vicinity but they are a short walk away from the playground and across the car park.
A new cafe closeby to the playground – Freshwaters is set to open soon.
The surrounding river area is what makes this area really special; so don’t forget your swimmers! There are sandy banks all along the river which lead down to shallow, calm, clean water. It’s a perfect place for the kids to go swimming or have a go on a paddleboard. At certain times of year though you do find jellyfish.
There is a small car park in between the café and the playground and parking bays along the roadside. It can be quite hard to find a space certain times of the day on the weekend.
- 140 Kids! Perth - April 16, 2018
- Latitude Perth - March 16, 2018
- The Unbelievables, Crown Theatre Perth - January 19, 2018
- Silks Crown Perth - January 12, 2018
- Easy Halloween Food Ideas - October 14, 2017
- Timezone, Joondalup - September 23, 2017
- Rottnest Carnivale October 28th 2017 - September 11, 2017
- Bullsbrook Strawberry Farm, Strawberry Picking Perth - July 24, 2017
- iFly Indoor Skydiving Experience, Perth - July 9, 2017
- Kids Wonderland 2017 Review, 5th – 9th July - July 4, 2017
Jennie McNichol is the co-founder of Buggybuddys. She moved to Perth in 2010 after 11 years of living in London, working in television for the BBC. She is the mother of two daughters aged 9 and 6 and loves the family-friendly lifestyle that Perth has to offer.