Keane’s Point playground is one of my favourite playgrounds. It is situated on the bank of the Swan River in Peppermint Grove next to the Royal Freshwater Bay Yacht Club.
There are two sand-based play areas at Keane’s Point Playground, both covered by sunshades, next to each. Each playground caters for different ages and is very well equipped and there is plenty to keep the kids amused!
The smaller play area which is suitable for children aged 5 and under.
There is a tripod swing in the older children’s playground which is always very popular and there is also a mini basket ball area.
Surrounding the playgrounds is a large grassy area, perfect for throwing down a picnic rug, with plenty of natural shade. There are two picnic tables and a couple of BBQs.
There is one toilet next to the playground. There are additional toilets in the vicinity but they are a short walk away from the playground and across the car park.
A new cafe closeby to the playground – Freshwaters is set to open soon.
The surrounding river area is what makes this area really special; so don’t forget your swimmers! There are sandy banks all along the river which lead down to shallow, calm, clean water. It’s a perfect place for the kids to go swimming or have a go on a paddleboard. At certain times of year though you do find jellyfish.
There is a small car park in between the café and the playground and parking bays along the roadside. It can be quite hard to find a space certain times of the day on the weekend.
- The Slate Phuket Review - May 7, 2019
- Wanneroo Cuddly Animal Farm - April 25, 2019
- Blueback by Spare Parts Puppet Theatre - April 18, 2019
- Brickman Cities at the WA Maritime Museum - April 18, 2019
- The Importance Of Family Health Insurance When Travelling - April 16, 2019
- Cable Beach Club Resort and Spa, Broome - March 14, 2019
- Pullman Resort, Bunker Bay - February 4, 2019
- Rainbow Island Treasure Hunt VR at The WA Shipwrecks Museum - January 13, 2019
- Silks Crown Perth - January 9, 2019
- Ningaloo Dome Experience, WA Maritime Museum - January 6, 2019
Jennie McNichol is the co-founder of Buggybuddys. She moved to Perth in 2010 after 11 years of living in London, working in television for the BBC. She is the mother of two daughters aged 10 and 8 and loves the family-friendly lifestyle that Perth has to offer.…MORE IDEAS ON WHAT TO DO IN PERTH
- Member Reviews
- AddressAddress: Lilla Street