Nestled in a leafy corner by Lake Claremont is a lovely naturally shaded playground. Lake Claremont Playground is a good mix of nature play and traditional playground equipment.
The playground base is sand surrounded by grass and wood chips. There are no shade sails, but most of the equipment is naturally shaded by the large surrounding trees.
There are stepping stones, logs and ropes to climb on, some with wooden platforms or balancing logs connecting different parts of the playground.
At one end, there is a small slide and two swings, and a cute wooden cubby house with a pipe for shouting messages to friends at the other end of the playground.
My daughter loved the balancing log that has been painted and carved to look like a crocodile.
At the top of the stairs near the slide there is a spinning pole that she enjoyed too.
Dotted around the Lake Claremont Playground are a few picnic tables, some naturally shaded, others with purpose-built shading. We also spotted one barbecue near the lake end of the playground. We couldn’t see any public toilets. However, I believe toilet facilities are available at the nearby golf course or Claremont Quarter.
The lake is partially fenced with wire, but not fully, so little wanderers would have to be watched. There are ducks and water birds that wander between the park and the water that could possibly tempt them to stray.
A short walk from the playground there is some adults exercise equipment. We say a few people visit to use this during our visit.
Toddlers and preschoolers would probably get the most out of this playground. Bigger kids may enjoy some of the more challenging parts of the natural play or may prefer riding bikes or scooters around the paths surrounding the park.
There is some grassed area, so these might be good for kicking a ball around. Dogs are welcome on a leash, but not in the playground. Again, the grassed area could be good for walking or playing on with furry friends.
Lake Claremont Playground is located on the corner of Stirling Road and Kott Terrace, Claremont. There is a small amount of free street parking at the end of Kott Terrace.
- Australia Day Events Perth 2019 - January 15, 2019
- Animaze: Amazing Animals for Kids - January 3, 2019
- January Family Friendly Events in Perth - December 26, 2018
- New Year’s Eve Family Friendly Events 2018/2019 - December 20, 2018
- Free Things to do in Perth with Kids - December 19, 2018
- The Bird, Fish and Reptile Place, Wattle Grove - December 18, 2018
- The Cheeky Peach Patisserie Cafe, Tuart Hill - December 13, 2018
- Best Perth Mega Parks… Worth a Day Trip - December 6, 2018
- Santa’s Enchanted Wardrobe - December 4, 2018
- December Family Friendly Events in Perth - November 29, 2018
Holly Clark is currently a stay at home mum of one, a self-confessed coffee addict and a baker of sweet treats. She studied Professional Writing and Editing and occasionally writes on her recipe blog, Lucky Star's Kitchen
..MORE IDEAS ON WHAT’S ON IN PERTH
- Member Reviews
- AddressAddress: Kott Terrace