Just around the corner from the Alexander Heights IGA, is Lemongrass Park, a lovely shaded playground with traditional equipment and some nature play elements.
One of the main features that caught our eye was the rope equipment. The curved slide has a rope web to climb up instead of stairs, and there are various rope webs or swinging ropes with a balancing rope below to cross. Miss 3 enjoyed having a go on all of these.
Attached the rope structure is a small rock climbing wall, shaped like a sail, to go up and over.
Nearby in the sandpit is a rope roundabout with a rubbery platform in the middle. Miss 3 loved climbing up this one and jumping off into the sand below, or taking turns with other children to turn it while they all giggled and squealed.
The playground also features a colourful seesaw and some swings. The swings consist of a regular single swing and a birds-nest swing. The birds-nest swing was a big hit during our visit.
Adjacent to all this more traditional style equipment is a small nature play around built among the gardens. This features a large balancing log, some stepping stones, a wooden seat, and some metal musical poles with rubber mallets.
To the other side of the playground, past a water fountain, a covered table and seats, and a hopscotch game on the concrete, are some more balancing logs. Beyond that, for the bigger kids who may feel they’re too old for swings and slides, there is a basketball hoop and lots of open grassed space to kick a ball around.
Lemongrass Park has a number of paths running through it. These would be great for kids to bring down a scooter, skates or a bike for a whiz around.
We enjoyed our visit here, finding it very peaceful. The only downsides were a few bull ants we spotted, and a lack of toilet facilities. Otherwise, it’s a great spot for a play and a picnic lunch! The shade sail over the main playground and the large shady trees surrounding it was a definite plus.
Located on Evergreen Terrace, Ballajura, just in from Alexander Drive.
- Best Parks For Birthday Parties in Perth - November 14, 2018
- Cool Kids Classes in Perth - November 7, 2018
- Bullsbrook Library, Bullsbrook - November 7, 2018
- The Mean Bean Diner, Bullsbrook - October 23, 2018
- Landsdale Farm School - October 23, 2018
- Herdsman Lake Wildlife Centre, Churchlands - October 10, 2018
- Inflatable World, Shenton Park - October 10, 2018
- Little Donkey Corner, Tuart Hill - September 18, 2018
- September Family Friendly Events Perth - August 23, 2018
- Father’s Day Events in Perth 2018 - August 22, 2018
Holly Clark is currently a stay at home mum of one, a self-confessed coffee addict and a baker of sweet treats. She studied Professional Writing and Editing and occasionally writes on her recipe blog, Lucky Star's Kitchen
- Member Reviews
- AddressAddress: Evergreen Ramble