Just around the corner from the Alexander Heights IGA, is Lemongrass Park, a lovely shaded playground with traditional equipment and some nature play elements.
One of the main features that caught our eye was the rope equipment. The curved slide has a rope web to climb up instead of stairs, and there are various rope webs or swinging ropes with a balancing rope below to cross. Miss 3 enjoyed having a go on all of these.
Attached the rope structure is a small rock climbing wall, shaped like a sail, to go up and over.
Nearby in the sandpit is a rope roundabout with a rubbery platform in the middle. Miss 3 loved climbing up this one and jumping off into the sand below, or taking turns with other children to turn it while they all giggled and squealed.
The playground also features a colourful seesaw and some swings. The swings consist of a regular single swing and a birds-nest swing. The birds-nest swing was a big hit during our visit.
Adjacent to all this more traditional style equipment is a small nature play around built among the gardens. This features a large balancing log, some stepping stones, a wooden seat, and some metal musical poles with rubber mallets.
To the other side of the playground, past a water fountain, a covered table and seats, and a hopscotch game on the concrete, are some more balancing logs. Beyond that, for the bigger kids who may feel they’re too old for swings and slides, there is a basketball hoop and lots of open grassed space to kick a ball around.
Lemongrass Park has a number of paths running through it. These would be great for kids to bring down a scooter, skates or a bike for a whiz around.
We enjoyed our visit here, finding it very peaceful. The only downsides were a few bull ants we spotted, and a lack of toilet facilities. Otherwise, it’s a great spot for a play and a picnic lunch! The shade sail over the main playground and the large shady trees surrounding it was a definite plus.
Located on Evergreen Terrace, Ballajura, just in from Alexander Drive.
- Best Playgrounds for Flying Fox Fun in Perth - January 20, 2019
- Family Friendly Events for February - January 17, 2019
- Australia Day Events Perth 2019 - January 15, 2019
- City of Perth – Family Friendly Australia Day Events - January 8, 2019
- Animaze: Amazing Animals for Kids - January 3, 2019
- January Family Friendly Events in Perth - December 26, 2018
- New Year’s Eve Family Friendly Events 2018/2019 - December 20, 2018
- Free Things to do in Perth with Kids - December 19, 2018
- The Bird, Fish and Reptile Place, Wattle Grove - December 18, 2018
- The Cheeky Peach Patisserie Cafe, Tuart Hill - December 13, 2018
Holly Clark is currently a stay at home mum of one, a self-confessed coffee addict and a baker of sweet treats. She studied Professional Writing and Editing and occasionally writes on her recipe blog, Lucky Star's Kitchen
- Member Reviews
- AddressAddress: Evergreen Ramble