Fun new adventure pla Read more [...]
Tucked behind the Mundaring Village shopping centre is Lion Pioneer Park, a large grassed area with a playground, park benches and a covered picnic table. It can be found off the Stoneville Road entrance or via ramp or stairs from the shopping centre near the Post Office. The play equipment and grass is shaded naturally by the large trees around the area. We visited late afternoon and it was well shaded.
The play equipment is over a sand base and has swings, see-saw and play structure with slide and climbing.
The main play equipment at Lion Pioneer Park has everything you’d expect in a playground, slide, rope climbing, tunnel, climbing wall, monkey bars and more. Miss 3 enjoyed climbing the rope ladder and trying to get onto the platform.
Lion Pioneer Park suits a range of ages as some of the climbing and the monkey bars were above Miss 3’s abilities. The slide area was well suited to her and where she spent a lot of her time.
The park is conveniently located close to a carpark and shops. There are toilets, including accessible toilets located near the shops, just a quick walk up the ramp. There are a couple of park benches near the play area and at the edge of the grass so you can sit and supervise play, or there is also the shaded picnic table.
Lion Pioneer Park is a handy Park for a quick play on the way to/from the grocery shopping, after lunch or coffee at one of the coffee shops or bakeries in the area or if you are traveling through Mundaring on a long road trip it would be a good stop for coffee or lunch giving the kids a chance to stretch their legs.
Lion Pioneer Park is located on the corner of Harrington Rd and Stoneville Rd, Mundaring. Parking available.
- PJ Masks at Karrinyup Shopping Centre - April 17, 2018
- Castledare Miniature Railway - April 10, 2018
- The Faraway Tree Cafe and Community Space, Glen Forrest - April 4, 2018
- Blasta Brewing Company, Burswood - March 26, 2018
- Cape View Beach Resort, Busselton - March 20, 2018
- Busselton Jetty - March 20, 2018
- Canning River Cafe - March 20, 2018
- Kalamunda Fairy Door Trail - February 20, 2018
- Penny Garden Restaurant, Swan Valley - January 29, 2018
- Lavender Bistro and Boutique, Swan Valley - January 16, 2018
Claire Tondut is currently a stay-at-home mother of one daughter and a puppy. When she is not chasing little Miss around she loves to spend time with hubby, friends and family.