Place Category: Playgrounds
MacDonald Park Padbury features an amazing scooter/bike track for young children, nature and traditional play elements and a huge sporting oval – there is something for everyone!
The scooter/bike track complete with road signs, pedestrian crossings and bike/scooter parking areas was the highlight for my 7 and 2 year olds! Not only did they have lots of fun navigating the roundabouts, twisting roads and speed humps, they also learnt plenty of road rules along the way!
There is a small dirt track as well where the kids enjoyed getting their wheels dirty!
A fuel station and ice cream truck to encourage children to interact with others and allows for fun role-play.
Miss 7 loved the challenging obstacles in the nature play area – she timed herself as she balanced, stepped and wobbled along the different obstacles.
You will even find timbers reclaimed from the original Ocean Reef Boat Harbour Finger Jetties.
My 2 year old loved finding the different insects on the limestone blocks located around the play areas.
The traditional play equipment includes a small climbing structure with a slide, monkey bars, telescope and steering wheel. Other equipment includes noughts and crosses, a sand play table and sand wheel.
There is also a swing set with one traditional swing and one toddler swing, as well as a hammock swing.
The huge sporting oval includes a cricket pitch, nets and footy goals.
There is a BBQ and sheltered picnic table. There are picnic benches through the playground too. Toilets are located at the club rooms on the other side of the oval, I’m unsure of opening hours. The play areas are shaded by beautiful mature trees.
11 MacDonald Avenue, Padbury – lots of parking available.
Dogs are not permitted at MacDonald Park.
DON’T FORGET YOUR HELMET!
- DFO Perth - October 18, 2018
- Rug Rats on Ice at Xtreme Ice, Mirrabooka - October 15, 2018
- Bricktober Perth - October 6, 2018
- Spring in the City - September 25, 2018
- School Holiday Shopping Centre Activities - September 18, 2018
- iPlay, Westfield Carousel - September 6, 2018
- D’Uva’s Strawberry Picking, Wanneroo - September 3, 2018
- Westfield Carousel Rooftop Dining Precinct - August 30, 2018
- The Bothy Family Retreat, Lancelin - August 9, 2018
- Playing with Light, Scitech - August 7, 2018
Kellie Elliott is a stay at home mum of 4 she enjoys adventuring around Perth with her children and sharing her journeys and experiences on Instagram.
- Member Reviews