Mardalup Playground is a popular location in East Perth for family picnics as it’s right on the banks of the Swan River, opposite the new Perth Stadium. Mardalup is a Nyungar term meaning ‘place of small marsupial’.
The playground is on a soft fall surfaces, making it great for toddlers and kids of all ages, though with the river being so close, be mindful of toddlers playing in the area. The play area is only partially fenced.
The main piece of equipment is a large metal structure which has a curvy slide with steps, ropes and ladders to climb. It’s great for older children.
There’s lots of other varied equipment: a see-saw, spinning thingy, as well as two swings, a regular swing and a toddler swing too.
There’s also a smaller, toddler-friendly play set with a slide, sloped climbing ramp, little swing and ropes for climbing.
There is a lot of open space in the park. The large grassy areas are perfect for ball games and the pretty, mature trees provide plenty of natural shade to throw down a picnic rug. There are sails directly shading the play equipment.
There are picnic tables, benches and BBQ facilities throughout the park. There are public toilets located in the park, near Victoria Gardens and ample parking, found behind the play area. There’s a water fountain too if you forget your bottle.
With its location right on the Swan River, it’s a good spot to stop at on a walk or cycle along the river’s paths. The cafes of Claisebrook Cove are just a few minutes’ walk away too.
Find at Mardalup Playground at the east end of Brown Street, East Perth.
- Mount Helena Tavern, Mount Helena - February 18, 2019
- Mount Flora Museum, Watermans Bay - February 14, 2019
- Chakra, Inglewood - February 11, 2019
- Zephyr Café, East Fremantle - February 10, 2019
- The Little Bay, Watermans Bay - February 6, 2019
- Mistelle, Bickley - February 4, 2019
- Jaffle Shack, West Perth - January 25, 2019
- Village Coffee, Marmion - January 23, 2019
- Golden Ponds, Baldivis - January 15, 2019
- Watermans Bay Beach and Playground - January 10, 2019
Amanda Carlin has her own blog - The Chef, His Wife and Their Perth-fect Life. The Chef's Wife LOVES to eat out in our beautiful city and discover new spots to dine. Amanda and Chef love tapas or something a little fancy for date night and with their son "Little Chef" in tow there's plenty of family friendly options too.
- Member Reviews
- AddressAddress: Brown Street