Mariala Vista Park is located in Jindowie, Yanchep.
So many of the new parks that have been built recently have a problem with serious lack of shade, where the developer has planted trees but they won’t provide any shade until they mature in years to come. Mariala Vista Park is distinctly different. The park has been developed in an area packed full of mature beautiful tall trees that provide a large amount of shade over the whole play area.
Mariala Vista Park caters for both older and younger children. There is a large enclosed twisting slide that looks like great fun! But if your child isn’t brave enough to try it there is a small slide embedded into the hill right next to it.
Other fun play equipment at the playground include a birds nest swing
An archway climbing frame
A very cute bee rocker and a small nature play area consisting of balancing logs and rocks.
A centrepiece of the park, and one for the older kids, is an unusual wooden climbing structure designed as a tree house containing 5 birds nests.
If you are planning a visit don’t forget your wheels! Older kids will have great fun practising their tricks on the BMX track. Younger children will love scooting around the various smooth pathways around the park.
There are two gorgeous BBQs that have been painted with a mural by Velveteen Rabbit Art.
There is a picnic shelter containing two tables with a few more tables and benches dotted around the park.
If you wish to sit back and relax there are a couple of sun loungers positioned in a nice shaded spot under the tree.
There is also a shaded grassy area perfect for throwing down a picnic rug.
There are no toilets and no car park. There are a couple of parking bays running along the south end of the park on Burleigh Blvd but nothing on Mariala Vista itself.
At the time of writing the park and surrounding streets are not listed on Google maps so to find it turn off Yanchep Beach Road onto Mapleton Drive and take the first right onto Welford Way.Mariala Vista Park is located at the end of the road.
- Pullman Resort, Bunker Bay - February 4, 2019
- Rainbow Island Treasure Hunt VR at The WA Shipwrecks Museum - January 13, 2019
- Silks Crown Perth - January 9, 2019
- Ningaloo Dome Experience, WA Maritime Museum - January 6, 2019
- Kids Summer Fest, Elizabeth Quay - January 4, 2019
- Doughnut Decorating at Epicurean Crown Perth - January 3, 2019
- Christmas ArtVo at Crown Perth - December 18, 2018
- Bistro 38 Champagne Carvery Chococlate Buffet at Joondalup Resort - December 2, 2018
- Balingup Heights Hilltop Forest Cottages - November 28, 2018
- Little Creatures, Fremantle - August 21, 2018
Jennie McNichol is the co-founder of Buggybuddys. She moved to Perth in 2010 after 11 years of living in London, working in television for the BBC. She is the mother of two daughters aged 10 and 8 and loves the family-friendly lifestyle that Perth has to offer.
- Member Reviews
- AddressAddress: Yanchep Beach Road