Situated close by to Subiaco Train Station and Domain Stadium is the pretty and peaceful Market Square Park.
We discovered the park after a visit to a nearby cafe, and Miss almost 3 loved it! It was quiet and leafy, full of birdsong with the sound of the occasional train going by.
Market Square Park has a small playground covered with shade sails and with thick rubber soft fall matting as a base. The main part Miss loved was the curly slide, climbing it and sliding down repeatedly.
There are also climbing ladders, a small chain ladder, a steering wheel and telescope, and a curved flying fox. Enough to amuse kids of all ages.
The playground is not fenced in, but it’s set far enough away from the roads that little runners shouldn’t get into trouble easily.
Surrounding the playground is lots of open grassy area with barbecues and covered tables. It would be a great spot for group catch-ups, picnics or barbecues. Even very casual birthday parties. The facilities were very clean and well maintained.
A bit further past the playground, along with a path, we found a statue and a leaf boat. Little Miss found the boat very intriguing, and tried to climb in until she realized there is a fish in the bottom! We couldn’t find a plaque explaining the statue, but it was certainly interesting and got us discussing what the story around it might be.
Market Square Park has quite a few paths running through it, including some bike paths. You could always take your bikes out and hop on the train with the kids, stop off at a nearby cafe for coffee and a snack or bring a picnic, and have a ride and a play at the park.
Market Square Park is located between Haydn Bunton Drive and Roberts Road, Subiaco. Parking is available along Roberts Road, and in the small car parks on Dublin Close and Edenberry Terrace.
Why not combine your visit with a stop at nearby Cafe Cafe? It’s a short walk away opposite the Subiaco Train Station.
- Best Parks For Birthday Parties in Perth - November 14, 2018
- Cool Kids Classes in Perth - November 7, 2018
- Bullsbrook Library, Bullsbrook - November 7, 2018
- The Mean Bean Diner, Bullsbrook - October 23, 2018
- Landsdale Farm School - October 23, 2018
- Herdsman Lake Wildlife Centre, Churchlands - October 10, 2018
- Inflatable World, Shenton Park - October 10, 2018
- Little Donkey Corner, Tuart Hill - September 18, 2018
- September Family Friendly Events Perth - August 23, 2018
- Father’s Day Events in Perth 2018 - August 22, 2018
Holly Clark is currently a stay at home mum of one, a self-confessed coffee addict and a baker of sweet treats. She studied Professional Writing and Editing and occasionally writes on her recipe blog, Lucky Star's Kitchen
- Member Reviews
- AddressAddress: 300 Roberts Rd