Place Category: Playgrounds
McIntyre Park is located on McIntyre Avenue in Burns Beach and it offers a large grassy oval situated next to a nautical-themed playground, fringed by picnic shelters.
McIntyre Park playground is largely constructed with wood and is unique in design with its nautical theme. The playground is sand based with a soft fall pathway. I love the little seagulls that are dotted about on pieces of the play equipment.
There is a large slide which you access by climbing two sets of internal wooden ladders. Shade sails are erected over the slide during the warmer months. Unfortunately there is no other shade around the park.
Pirate fans will love the Ship themed climbing area with its huge sailing masts that is split over two structures catering for both older and younger children.
In the half catering for older children, you’ll find the captain’s wheel and a little cubby area at the base.
Linked to the structure is various rope climbing activities. Great for building that upper body strength!
The other section of the ship is situated across the other side of the playground and is suited to younger children and has lower access.
Here little people can have great fun in the Crow’s Nest.
Or ‘walk the plank’ on the wobbly wooden slated bridge.
There is an adorable cubby house designed for the toddlers. Walk up the wooden bridge to discover the picnic area inside. Exit from the cubby via the low level slide.
There are 5 very cute rockers. My favourite being the 2 little boat-shaped ones that can fit two children in.
There are a set of two swings – one of which has the box style baby swing.
Nobody can resist a birds nest swing!
Around the edge of McIntyre Park playground are picnic shelters and there is only roadside parking available.
- Pullman Resort, Bunker Bay - February 4, 2019
- Rainbow Island Treasure Hunt VR at The WA Shipwrecks Museum - January 13, 2019
- Silks Crown Perth - January 9, 2019
- Ningaloo Dome Experience, WA Maritime Museum - January 6, 2019
- Kids Summer Fest, Elizabeth Quay - January 4, 2019
- Doughnut Decorating at Epicurean Crown Perth - January 3, 2019
- Christmas ArtVo at Crown Perth - December 18, 2018
- Bistro 38 Champagne Carvery Chococlate Buffet at Joondalup Resort - December 2, 2018
- Balingup Heights Hilltop Forest Cottages - November 28, 2018
- Little Creatures, Fremantle - August 21, 2018
Jennie McNichol is the co-founder of Buggybuddys. She moved to Perth in 2010 after 11 years of living in London, working in television for the BBC. She is the mother of two daughters aged 10 and 8 and loves the family-friendly lifestyle that Perth has to offer.
- Member Reviews
- AddressAddress: McIntyre Avenue