Around the corner, not far away from busy Westfield Innaloo, is Millet “Spider-Man” Park.
The park gets its nickname from the large climbing “web” that is a prominent feature. It has two sides with rubber crows nest type platforms near the top. In the bottom level, there are six Tarzan style swings to hang from. Kids four and over will get the most out of these climbing ropes.
For younger children, their is a small toddler safe climbing frame with stairs. In the bottom us a shop front for imaginative play, and a tunnel for climbing or crawling through. In the top section, there is a curling slide, noughts and crosses game, coloured window and weather station. There is a twisty pole to climb up for older children. Rubber soft fall surrounds the climbing frame, and shade sails are installed for summer.
Nearby to this playground are, barbecue facilities and toilets are available. There are two covered picnic tables, some uncovered tables, and several park benches. The barbecue and benches shaded naturally by trees. If you just need a quick refreshment, a water fountain is right next to the playground equipment.
At the other end of the park, a nature play area is set up. This is a mix of rocks, sand and logs, with paths to explore the interconnecting the areas. I would say this area is more suitable for older children as the rocks are quite tall, although my adventurous 2.5 year old did give it a crack.
Amongst the grassed areas are lots of paths that would great for riding bikes or scooters, or for roller skating. The grass would good for ball games or running with the dog. Keep in mind however, dogs are prohibited in the playground area. There are also a few pieces of adults exercise equipment dotted around at the Boronia Street end of the park.
Overall, a great park for active, adventurous kids. The park isn’t fenced, so little runners would need to be watched.
If you have coffee cravings, Cup & Co is walking distance or a quick drive away on Muriel Avenue.
Millet Park is located at on Grant St, Innaloo, on the corner of Boronia St.
- Australia Day Events Perth 2019 - January 15, 2019
- Animaze: Amazing Animals for Kids - January 3, 2019
- January Family Friendly Events in Perth - December 26, 2018
- New Year’s Eve Family Friendly Events 2018/2019 - December 20, 2018
- Free Things to do in Perth with Kids - December 19, 2018
- The Bird, Fish and Reptile Place, Wattle Grove - December 18, 2018
- The Cheeky Peach Patisserie Cafe, Tuart Hill - December 13, 2018
- Best Perth Mega Parks… Worth a Day Trip - December 6, 2018
- Santa’s Enchanted Wardrobe - December 4, 2018
- December Family Friendly Events in Perth - November 29, 2018
Holly Clark is currently a stay at home mum of one, a self-confessed coffee addict and a baker of sweet treats. She studied Professional Writing and Editing and occasionally writes on her recipe blog, Lucky Star's Kitchen
- Member Reviews
- AddressAddress: Grant Street