Mills Park in Beckenham is a 24ha recreational space that been transformed to create a community hub to increase sporting, leisure and social opportunities while protecting and celebrating the park’s natural assets.
The Mills Park Nature Play Space is an awesome playground suitable for children of all ages. The play space is nicely set out over a large area with plenty of space for families to throw down a picnic rug and spend the day.
A large smooth concrete slide with an adjacent log and rock balancing area.
A Spider net
A birds nest swing
A wide range of timber climbing apparatus.
Double flying fox
A roundabout and swinging hammock
A fantastic water play area.
The playground also contains a path network that incorporates the existing wetlands area of the park which can be used for scooter and bicycle riding.
There are plenty of BBQs and picnic shelters positioned on the outskirts of the nature play area plus a large expanse of grassy space.
Mills Park also has a fabulous cafe – Fika on Brix which serves a tasty array of food.
Toilets are housed in the Mills Park Centre and there is plenty of parking available.
Outside of the toilets is a climbing boulder.
Mills Park Nature Play Space is located on Brixton Street in Beckenham.
- Doughnut Decorating at Epicurean Crown Perth - July 3, 2018
- Kids Wonderland 2018 Review, 4th – 8th July - July 2, 2018
- Silks Crown Perth - June 22, 2018
- Sunflowers Animal Farm, Margaret River - May 7, 2018
- 140 Kids! Perth - April 16, 2018
- Latitude Perth - March 16, 2018
- The Unbelievables, Crown Theatre Perth - January 19, 2018
- Easy Halloween Food Ideas - October 14, 2017
- Timezone, Joondalup - September 23, 2017
- Rottnest Carnivale October 28th 2017 - September 11, 2017
Jennie McNichol is the co-founder of Buggybuddys. She moved to Perth in 2010 after 11 years of living in London, working in television for the BBC. She is the mother of two daughters aged 9 and 6 and loves the family-friendly lifestyle that Perth has to offer.