In the heart of Glen Forrest you’ll find an absolute hidden gem of a playground at Morgan John Morgan Reserve. The leafy spot in the Perth Hills is known locally as “The Train Park”. It’s made up of a large sandpit area with a play frame, but what really makes it unique is its life size replica train!
Little train fanatics that love Thomas or Chuggington will love some imaginative play on the locomotive, which also features two carriages. Kids can climb up the small ladder, onto the train and be a driver or sit in the carriage!
There are even shaded table and chairs inside the carriage, so it’s a fun spot to have lunch! The train also features a slide and some of the “wheels” are tunnels, which is a cool spot to hide on a hot day.
The metal play frame consists of a climbing net, climbing wall, slides and much more!
There’s some sand play equipment too with scoops.
The kids loved all sitting in the row of swings, seeing who could swing the highest! There’s also a swing especially for babies/toddlers. What’s great about this swing set is that it’s shaded.
There is ample space to kick a footy or chuck a frisbee on the large grassed area, which is fringed by large gumtrees. There’s also a lot of space to throw down a picnic rug in a shady spot under a tree.
Across the grassed area there is musical play equipment, a noughts and crosses game, a huge spiderman climbing frame over sand and a nest swing on soft fall.
This play area isn’t covered by shade sails or fenced, but it’s in a fairly quiet area. Next to the playground there are covered picnic tables and a covered BBQ area too.
There is ample parking, a lot being shaded. There is a toilet block, a water fountain and bike rack too. It’s a popular spot for biking or walking as the Railway Reserve Heritage Trail runs the entire length of the park.
Find Train Park at Morgan John Morgan Reserve on the corner of Hardey Road and Railway Parade, Glen Forrest.
- Kid-friendly Hotels and Resorts for a Perth Family Staycation - July 15, 2019
- The Local on Waratah, Dalkeith - July 12, 2019
- Lady Latte Cafe Scarborough - July 11, 2019
- Kid Friendly Pizza Restaurants in Perth - June 30, 2019
- Leapfrogs Cafe Wanneroo - June 30, 2019
- Best Mini Golf Courses in Perth - June 28, 2019
- Rainy Day Activities in the Margaret River Region - June 18, 2019
- Things to do in Mundaring with Kids - June 15, 2019
- Kid Friendly Restaurants with Log Fires in Perth - June 13, 2019
- Mundaring Weir With Kids - June 11, 2019
Amanda Carlin has her own blog - The Chef, His Wife and Their Perth-fect Life. The Chef's Wife LOVES to eat out in our beautiful city and discover new spots to dine. Amanda and Chef love tapas or something a little fancy for date night and with their son "Little Chef" in tow there's plenty of family friendly options too.
- Member Reviews
- AddressAddress: Hardey Road