Place Category: Playgrounds
Nestled amongst the new Niche Living housing estate in Willetton is a brand new playground perfect for kids of any age. We went to check it out over the weekend and my kids (aged 2 and 6) loved it! The playground is off Portcullis Drive, Willetton, however, construction is still on going and the entrance is being fenced off from that entry at the moment. Best way to enter the playground is via Woodthorpe Dr, off Collins road.
The playground boast various play equipments, there are balancing wooden logs and stepping logs, swings, a rope climbing frame, see-saws and the usual favourite slides and tunnels. Surrounding the playground is a track for scootering as well a spacious grass area for ball games or even just having a picnic. There are also bbq pits and shaded picnic tables and chairs. There is also a ping pong table so do remember to bring along your own ping pong bats and balls to utilise the table.
My kids had a ball playing and climbing and they especially love the ‘corner store’ where they pretended they’re a cafe, selling all sorts of yummy treats! The ‘four in a row’ game was a hit as well. After their cafe play, they ventured off to do some climbing, balancing and sliding. I especially love the see-saw as it looked like the traditional ones when I was growing up. Brings back such fond memories. There are two swings but there isn’t the bucket type swing for toddlers at the moment. Also, there are no shades up at the playground yet as it could be due to winter and also it is a brand new playground and it might be installed at a later date.
Nonetheless, the kids had a great time and I love the layout of the playground as you can see pretty much everything and there are no ‘blind spots’. Very handy when you have 2 kids who wants to do two different things sometimes.
Niche Living Playground
Portcullis Dr, Willetton
(Entry via Woodthorpe dr, off Collins rd)
- Stacked Cafe, Fremantle - March 27, 2019
- The Quarter Acre Hotel, Applecross - February 26, 2019
- Perth Mango Farm - February 23, 2019
- May Street Larder, East Fremantle - February 20, 2019
- Someday Coffee Co, Floreat - February 17, 2019
- Myer Santaland, Perth - November 15, 2018
- Steamlab: Coffee and Tea Specialist, Applecross - October 3, 2018
- Lena Strawberry Farm, Anketell - September 1, 2018
- Incredibles 2 Immersive Zone, Karrinyup Shopping Centre - July 9, 2018
- LEGO Play Zone, Claremont Quarter - July 3, 2018
Estabelle is a mother of 2. Originally from Singapore, she loves her food, coffee and shopping. When not being a mad scientist in the laboratory, she enjoys being outdoors and spending time with her family and friends.
- Member Reviews
- AddressAddress: 117, Portcullis Drive, Willetton