Place Category: Playgrounds
Pine Park is a hidden gem in Darlington, in the Perth Hills. I grew up in the hills and the parents still live there so on today’s visit we thought we’d try somewhere different to the usual Park. I’m glad we did, it was a very pleasant morning and more importantly little Miss had a great time.
It is a small playground with a fort / castle theme. Most of the playground itself is not shaded but there is plenty of shade around the area.
The main play structure has a number of climbing walls and ropes, cubby areas, bridges and a slide. Apart from some of the rope climbing my 3 year old was able to play happily on the equipment without my help. The equipment does get hot in warm weather so time your visit early in the morning or a not so hot day.
Also in the sand play area is a big horse see saw and swings. The swings are fully covered by shade sails. There is one toddler sit in style swing and three other swings. The see saw is close to the trees and was shaded nicely the morning we visited.
The area between the road / car park and the play area is paved and a couple of picnic benches are under the shade of a large tree. The grandparents and I sat here and watched little Miss play.
The Park is adjacent to the Darlington tennis courts which can be hired for a game. There is also an oval for running, frisbee or ball games and a basketball hoop and netball ring which might keep older kids entertained for awhile.
There was a BBQ and another picnic table between the play area and oval. The BBQ and table were both under shade.
The area has a number of rubbish bins, a drink fountain and public toilets available.
Across the road is the Pines Cafe so you could have takeaway coffee or stop in for breakfast / lunch / coffee & cake before or after the play. There is plenty of parking on the road.
The Pine play area is located on Owen Road in Darlington.
- The Painted Teapot, Subiaco - November 20, 2018
- Cafe 63, Westfield Carousel - October 4, 2018
- Decadent C’s, Mandurah - October 3, 2018
- Zoorassic Park at Perth Zoo - September 20, 2018
- Pre-Schoolers Mornings, Waterford Plaza - September 18, 2018
- S&R Orchard Blossom Festival - September 6, 2018
- Belmont Forum – Playspace - August 13, 2018
- Hampton & Maley, Victoria Park - August 13, 2018
- Secret Garden Cafe and Patisserie, South Perth - June 19, 2018
- Riverton Library, Riverton - June 14, 2018
Claire Tondut is currently a stay-at-home mother of one daughter and a puppy. When she is not chasing little Miss around she loves to spend time with hubby, friends and family.
- Member Reviews
- AddressAddress: Owen Road