When Googling ‘things to do in York’ number 4 on the list is Pioneer Avon Park located on banks of Avon River. Although the playground is a great spot for kids to play, it is the old swinging bridge that really draws the crowds!
Whether you are staying in York or just passing through, Pioneer Avon Park is a great spot to stop with kids. The playground completely shaded and non-sand based which means no sandy shoes in the car.
The play equipment includes two slides, with step and ramp access which is perfect for toddlers. Little ones will also love peering out to the Avon River through the telescope. There is a shop front under the slides, perfect for role play and letting imaginations run wild.
For the bigger kids, there is a flying fox, two different types of monkey bars and a running wheel.
There is a swing set with one regular and one toddler swing, a four-person seesaw, as well as a number of different rockers scattered around.
Surrounding the playground is large grassed areas to enjoy a picnic or kick the footy. There are BBQs, picnic tables and public toilets. Caravans are welcome to stay overnight for free.
On the North side of the park, you will find the swinging bridge which crosses the river, while crossing we spotted ducks and other wildlife. Standing in the middle of the bridge the views down the river are breathtaking. On the other side of the bridge, there is a walking trail.
Pioneer Avon Park
LOT 11 Lowe St, York. Ample parking available.
When visiting York, we stayed at Lavendale Farm.
- City of Perth Winter Fest - July 10, 2019
- Skating at Elizabeth Quay - July 9, 2019
- Brookfield Winter Lights Festival - July 4, 2019
- Roc Candy – Make your own lollipop - July 1, 2019
- Winterworld Fremantle - June 29, 2019
- Elephant Safari Park, Bali - June 19, 2019
- Accommodation with Log Fires - June 5, 2019
- Little Land, Balcatta - May 23, 2019
- Subiaco Tram - April 11, 2019
- SpeedFit - March 28, 2019
Kellie Elliott is a stay at home mum of 4 she enjoys adventuring around Perth with her children and sharing her journeys and experiences on Instagram.
- Member Reviews
- AddressAddress: Lowe Street, Daliak