Pioneer Park is an unusual playspace situated next to the Canning River in Gosnells. The playground is below street level and you enter via a ‘tree top’ long walkway which is pram friendly and great fun for scooting down.
The Canning River runs next to the playground but it is well fenced off so there is no danger of little people getting close to the water whilst your back is turned. The playground is well shaded by the many trees that surround it.
The playground consisting of a large climbing net, a playframe complete with a double slide, various rockers – a surfboard, a seesaw, a motorbike and a 4-way see-saw.
Playframe with double slide
There are a few benches plus one picnic table and BBQ.
The toilets are a little walk away up the steep steps of the amphitheatre so not hugely practical if you are visiting with toilet training toddlers or have a pram with you.
- Rainbow Island Treasure Hunt VR at The WA Shipwrecks Museum - January 13, 2019
- Silks Crown Perth - January 9, 2019
- Ningaloo Dome Experience, WA Maritime Museum - January 6, 2019
- Kids Summer Fest, Elizabeth Quay - January 4, 2019
- Doughnut Decorating at Epicurean Crown Perth - January 3, 2019
- Christmas ArtVo at Crown Perth - December 18, 2018
- Bistro 38 Champagne Carvery Chococlate Buffet at Joondalup Resort - December 2, 2018
- Balingup Heights Hilltop Forest Cottages - November 28, 2018
- Little Creatures, Fremantle - August 21, 2018
- Kids Wonderland 2018 Review, 4th – 8th July - July 2, 2018
Jennie McNichol is the co-founder of Buggybuddys. She moved to Perth in 2010 after 11 years of living in London, working in television for the BBC. She is the mother of two daughters aged 10 and 8 and loves the family-friendly lifestyle that Perth has to offer.
- Member Reviews
- AddressAddress: Federation Parade