Point Walter is a beautiful spot on the south bank of the Swan River perfect for picnics, swimming and playing in the not one but two playgrounds!
The first playground is situated right next to The Walters River Cafe – which is open 7 days a week for breakfast, lunch coffee and cakes.
If you have older children and fancy a relaxing lunch you could grab a table on the veranda that adjoins the playground so that the kids can play whilst you eat. There is also a kiosk attached to the cafe to get snack, ice-creams and takeaway coffee.
The playground adjacent to the cafe is surrounded by a low wall but is not gated. The flooring is soft fall and it is fully covered by a shade sail. It is equipped with a small climbing structure, 2 slides, monkey rings and a balance bar.
The playground and cafe are directly on the Riverbank which has grassy, areas, shady trees, lovely sandy beaches and calm water so great for enjoying a paddle and too.There are public toilets situated next to the cafe.
Up the hill is another playground which is larger in size. This playground is sand based and is covered by shade sails.
There is a spinning pole
Large climbing structure with slides and monkey bars.
There is also an interesting low-level climbing structure although this is unshaded.
Dotted around the playground are picnic tables and BBQs shaded by the trees.
Point Walter is a stunning location with great amenities and perfect for social gatherings. If you haven’t been before go and check it out – you won’t be disappointed!
- Cable Beach Club Resort and Spa, Broome - March 14, 2019
- Pullman Resort, Bunker Bay - February 4, 2019
- Rainbow Island Treasure Hunt VR at The WA Shipwrecks Museum - January 13, 2019
- Silks Crown Perth - January 9, 2019
- Ningaloo Dome Experience, WA Maritime Museum - January 6, 2019
- Kids Summer Fest, Elizabeth Quay - January 4, 2019
- Doughnut Decorating at Epicurean Crown Perth - January 3, 2019
- Christmas ArtVo at Crown Perth - December 18, 2018
- Bistro 38 Champagne Carvery Chococlate Buffet at Joondalup Resort - December 2, 2018
- Balingup Heights Hilltop Forest Cottages - November 28, 2018
Jennie McNichol is the co-founder of Buggybuddys. She moved to Perth in 2010 after 11 years of living in London, working in television for the BBC. She is the mother of two daughters aged 10 and 8 and loves the family-friendly lifestyle that Perth has to offer.
- Member Reviews
- AddressAddress: Point Walter Road