Richard Aldersea Park is situated among the leafy streets of Clarkson, just behind Clarkson Primary School.
Little Miss and I discovered it while out for a drive, and found its suitable for a range of ages and abilities, from toddlers upwards.
The main play structure has two slides, and lots to climb. A climbing wall is mounted on one side between the slide. A wide rope mesh and a rope web is mounted on the other side, along with monkey bars and rings to swing from, and balancing platforms to cross.
Separately, there is a smaller rope web to climb with rock climbing walls on either side. My little Miss thought this was very cool and gave it a climb, but was a little too short yet to climb up far.
There is also a see-saw spring rocker set close by in the sand. Perfect for a couple of besties to rock on together.
Adjacent to this is a swing set with two regular swings, linked to the main playground by a footpath. The footpath circles both parts of the playground in a figure eight, and would be perfect for scooters and younger kids practicing riding their bikes.
On be opposite side of the playground is a basketball hoop. Great for the bigger kids who’d rather shoot hoops than slide on slides. Alternatively, there’s also a huge oval. An excellent spot to kick a football around!
The playground isn’t fenced, but we found it was set far enough away from the road that little wanderers could be caught before getting in trouble. It also doesn’t have shade sails, relying on natural shade from the surrounding trees, so it’s a good idea to pack hats and sunscreen.
The park has plenty of parking available, with a shady car park just near the front of the playground.
Richard Aldersea Park is located on Aldersea Circle, Clarkson, just off Brooks Pass, with the car park entrance opposite 57 Aldersea Circle.
- Best Playgrounds for Flying Fox Fun in Perth - January 20, 2019
- Family Friendly Events for February - January 17, 2019
- Australia Day Events Perth 2019 - January 15, 2019
- City of Perth – Family Friendly Australia Day Events - January 8, 2019
- Animaze: Amazing Animals for Kids - January 3, 2019
- January Family Friendly Events in Perth - December 26, 2018
- New Year’s Eve Family Friendly Events 2018/2019 - December 20, 2018
- Free Things to do in Perth with Kids - December 19, 2018
- The Bird, Fish and Reptile Place, Wattle Grove - December 18, 2018
- The Cheeky Peach Patisserie Cafe, Tuart Hill - December 13, 2018
Holly Clark is currently a stay at home mum of one, a self-confessed coffee addict and a baker of sweet treats. She studied Professional Writing and Editing and occasionally writes on her recipe blog, Lucky Star's Kitchen
- Member Reviews
- AddressAddress: 57 Aldersea Cir