Today we tried out the new playground at Richardson Park in South Perth, just near the Perth Zoo. We found it to have a good range of equipment for a range of ages and it backs onto a large expanse of grass for ball games or running around.
The park is small and narrow but packed with equipment including musical pipes, stainless steel drums, talk tubes, lots of climbing and a big slide. It is a sand based playground.
There are several play areas at Richardson Park with one suited more to younger children with a see-saw rocker, sand play and a small fort with a mini climbing wall, tunnel, noughts and crosses and slide.
Small stepping stones link this play area to the one more suited to older children.
Richardson Park playground is more suited to older children as it has different rope climbing, climbing wall, other balancing activities and a curvy slide that is accessed by climbing the rope structures.
At the end of the park is a round swing, another type of sand play, musical tubes and the stainless steel drums.
Richardson Park is a very compact park with some great equipment suitable for a range of ages. Worth the visit even if Miss 3 couldn’t conquer the big slide she had fun!
The area currently has a couple of park benches and a drink/dog bowl fountain. There are plans for a picnic and BBQ area and new bench seats to be installed later in 2017.
Richardson Park is located on the corner of Labouchere Rd and Richardson St South Perth. Street parking is ticket parking Monday to Friday.
- PJ Masks at Karrinyup Shopping Centre - April 17, 2018
- Castledare Miniature Railway - April 10, 2018
- The Faraway Tree Cafe and Community Space, Glen Forrest - April 4, 2018
- Blasta Brewing Company, Burswood - March 26, 2018
- Cape View Beach Resort, Busselton - March 20, 2018
- Busselton Jetty - March 20, 2018
- Canning River Cafe - March 20, 2018
- Kalamunda Fairy Door Trail - February 20, 2018
- Penny Garden Restaurant, Swan Valley - January 29, 2018
- Lavender Bistro and Boutique, Swan Valley - January 16, 2018
Claire Tondut is currently a stay-at-home mother of one daughter and a puppy. When she is not chasing little Miss around she loves to spend time with hubby, friends and family.