Today we tried out the new playground at Richardson Park in South Perth, just near the Perth Zoo. We found it to have a good range of equipment for a range of ages and it backs onto a large expanse of grass for ball games or running around.
The park is small and narrow but packed with equipment including musical pipes, stainless steel drums, talk tubes, lots of climbing and a big slide. It is a sand based playground.
There are several play areas at Richardson Park with one suited more to younger children with a see-saw rocker, sand play and a small fort with a mini climbing wall, tunnel, noughts and crosses and slide.
Small stepping stones link this play area to the one more suited to older children.
Richardson Park playground is more suited to older children as it has different rope climbing, climbing wall, other balancing activities and a curvy slide that is accessed by climbing the rope structures.
At the end of the park is a round swing, another type of sand play, musical tubes and the stainless steel drums.
Richardson Park is a very compact park with some great equipment suitable for a range of ages. Worth the visit even if Miss 3 couldn’t conquer the big slide she had fun!
The area currently has a couple of park benches and a drink/dog bowl fountain. There are plans for a picnic and BBQ area and new bench seats to be installed later in 2017.
Richardson Park is located on the corner of Labouchere Rd and Richardson St South Perth. Street parking is ticket parking Monday to Friday.
- Antz HQ, Victoria Park - May 30, 2019
- The Painted Teapot, Subiaco - November 20, 2018
- Cafe 63, Westfield Carousel - October 4, 2018
- Decadent C’s, Mandurah - October 3, 2018
- Zoorassic Park at Perth Zoo - September 20, 2018
- Pre-Schoolers Mornings, Waterford Plaza - September 18, 2018
- S&R Orchard Blossom Festival - September 6, 2018
- Belmont Forum – Playspace - August 13, 2018
- Hampton & Maley, Victoria Park - August 13, 2018
- Secret Garden Cafe and Patisserie, South Perth - June 19, 2018
Claire Tondut is currently a stay-at-home mother of one daughter and a puppy. When she is not chasing little Miss around she loves to spend time with hubby, friends and family.
- Member Reviews
- AddressAddress: Labouchere Road