Not far from Northlands Shopping Centre in Balcatta is a leafy park, Rickman Delawney Reserve.
In the middle of the reserve, we found a good sized playground suitable for kids of all ages. It has lots of open space around it for running about and the playground is shaded by shade sails.
The main play structure features two slides, one straight and one twisty, as well as a flying fox and lots of climbing ladders. My little Miss loved the green tunnel for crawling through and hiding in and a chain ladder. There is a playhouse/shop front in the bottom, which she liked, too.
Separately in the sandpit beneath are two spring rockers. One, a single rocker shaped like a koala. The other a double-sided sea-saw style.
There are also two swings, a regular swing, and a toddler swing.
Another feature is the long balancing beam which zigzags through the grass nearby. This was a big hit with my little Miss, who gave it a go on her own and then asked for some assistance to make it to the end.
While the playground appears to have been established around 2000, but don’t let that put you off! It’s in very good condition for its age. There is a new toilet block being built, completion of which is due on 3rd of April, 2017, and City of Stirling had recently added new clean sand around the play equipment.
Nearby to the playground is a covered picnic table. This would be great for a picnic lunch while enjoying a play. There are also tennis courts available here for hire.
The playground isn’t fenced but is located far enough back off the road that little wanderers shouldn’t get into trouble. There also an off-street carpark to help keep kids away from the road.
Rickman Delawney Reserve is located on Rickman St, Balcatta, just off Main Street.
- Little Donkey Corner, Tuart Hill - September 18, 2018
- September Family Friendly Events Perth - August 23, 2018
- Father’s Day Events in Perth 2018 - August 22, 2018
- Perth Family Friendly Events in August - August 1, 2018
- Coode St Cafe, Mount Lawley - July 19, 2018
- Hatched Coffee Shop, Kingsley - July 9, 2018
- Trading Treasures Toy Museum, Guildford - June 27, 2018
- Siena’s Restaurant, Leederville - June 14, 2018
- June Family Events and What’s on in Perth - May 31, 2018
- Yelo, Mount Hawthorn - May 28, 2018
Holly Clark is currently a stay at home mum of one, a self-confessed coffee addict and a baker of sweet treats. She studied Professional Writing and Editing and occasionally writes on her recipe blog, Lucky Star's Kitchen