Place Category: Playgrounds
Sandow Park is a little gem of a park is hidden away in Clarkson. It’s located on the corner of Marmion Ave and Hester Ave but you wouldn’t know it from within the park itself.
It’s set downhill and behind trees hiding most of the traffic and ensuring that children and pets can’t dash onto busy roads.
It’s a small local park, with no barbecues, shelters or toilets but it’s got some of our favourite play equipment. There are swings and slides, various climbing opportunities and steep bridges to cross.
One low part of the climbing structure is perfect for toddlers with a simple ladder and small slide, while the rest appeals to the older children.
There are climbing stepping stone like challenges, a standing seesaw and musical pipes along with a flying fox and naughts and crosses, a shop window for pretend play and a sand table.
I’m not sure I could tell you my little ones favourite part as he spends ages engaging in so many areas of the playground.
There’s plenty of soft green grass for ball games and frisbees and a few park benches next to the playground.
The best way to access Sandow Park would be to park alongside the park on Sandow Green.
- On the Border, Mindarie - July 24, 2019
- Dough Pizza, Westfield Whitford City - September 18, 2018
- Something Italian, Merriwa - November 14, 2017
- Guzman y Gomez, Westfield Whitford City - October 11, 2017
- Prince of Wales Hotel Bistro Bunbury - September 4, 2017
- Corners on King Bunbury - September 4, 2017
- Bunbury Wildlife Park - May 29, 2017
- Music Together with Sarah - May 11, 2017
- Discovery Park-Koombana Bay Holiday Park - March 29, 2017
- WA Museum Discovery Zone at The State Library of WA - March 13, 2017
Kylie is the mum of a gorgeous toddler who is growing far too fast by devouring her sleep. She is a qualified early childhood teacher, who loves exploring the world through the eyes of a 2 year old and now knows more about diggers than she ever imagined she would
- Member Reviews
- AddressAddress: Sandow Green