The sun is out and summer is just around the corner. With this in mind, Shoreline nature play park located a minutes’ walk to C.Y O’Connor beach is an ideal spot to take your kids for a day of outdoor activities.
Located in North Coogee, with easy access from Cockburn Road, the recently completed high-quality parkland at LandCorp’s Shoreline estate includes new lawn areas, public barbeques, sheltered areas, exercise equipment, a nature play area, and plenty of open space for running around, kicking a ball or enjoying a picnic.
Shoreline Nature Play Park is a short stroll down to the beach, and minutes from the heart of Fremantle, there are endless options for entertainment in the area. Grab a coffee or an ice-cream from South Fremantle’s bustling High Street and wander down to Shoreline’s parkland for a day of fun in the sun.
The parkland is suitable for a range of ages, with shaded areas great for setting up a picnic with your little ones, large open grassy areas for kids to practice their ball skills, and a nature play area where kids can swing, balance and climb on a variety of equipment pieces.
The nature play area includes balancing logs, rope and net climbing equipment, a basket swing and monkey bars.
A few unique touches to the play area include wooden logs, which have been painted to look like the ends of pencils and a rocky wall for budding rock climbers with a built-in polished concrete slide.
The parkland also includes a basketball court, table tennis table and a tennis wall.
A striking public art installation, by sculptor and painter, Robin Yakinthou pays homage to the areas military and industrial history.
The horse sculpture which is made of stainless steel and recycled metal recognises the soldiers of the 10th Light Horse Regiment during World War I, who camped and trained on South Beach ahead of their deployment from Fremantle.
The area includes exercise options for adults too, with scenic pathways ideal for jogging, walking or cycling and public exercise equipment to get your heart rate up!
Shoreline’s parkland is the first piece in the puzzle of what will be a vibrant new community. For more information, please visit landcorp.com.au/shoreline
- Rainbow Island Treasure Hunt VR at The WA Shipwrecks Museum - January 13, 2019
- Silks Crown Perth - January 9, 2019
- Ningaloo Dome Experience, WA Maritime Museum - January 6, 2019
- Kids Summer Fest, Elizabeth Quay - January 4, 2019
- Doughnut Decorating at Epicurean Crown Perth - January 3, 2019
- Christmas ArtVo at Crown Perth - December 18, 2018
- Bistro 38 Champagne Carvery Chococlate Buffet at Joondalup Resort - December 2, 2018
- Balingup Heights Hilltop Forest Cottages - November 28, 2018
- Little Creatures, Fremantle - August 21, 2018
- Kids Wonderland 2018 Review, 4th – 8th July - July 2, 2018
Jennie McNichol is the co-founder of Buggybuddys. She moved to Perth in 2010 after 11 years of living in London, working in television for the BBC. She is the mother of two daughters aged 10 and 8 and loves the family-friendly lifestyle that Perth has to offer.
- Member Reviews
- AddressAddress: McTaggart Cove