- AboutSubiaco Common is a great space for all the family, including your furry friend. Located in Subiaco Centro this space has a recently redeveloped play space, green spaces, lots of trees, a lake, BBQs and picnic benches.
For a small area, the play space has fitted a lot in. There is a sand play area, birds nest swing and climbing structure with a slide and fireman’s pole.The main climbing structure has two platforms joined by a closed in rope bridge. One platform has a slide and one has a fireman’s pole. Access into the structure is from the large limestone steps.
There is plenty of room under this structure. The space has been well used with some wooden stepping blocks and a cave.
The sand play area has a table and funnel as well as a large sand area. There is also a drinking fountain located close by if the sand needs water added. Bring a bucket and spade with you and the kids will love this area.The bird’s nest swing has soft fall base around it.All around the play area are logs to balance on, stepping blocks, tunnels, steps, different levels and even some balancing ropes. There are a couple of park benches around the edge for parents.
Not far from the play space is a well shaded grassed area with BBQs, picnic tables and gazebos. The area has a shallow stream running along one side. The stream has stepping stones in it and my daughter spent ages going from one side to the other using the different stones. This would be a great spot for a family picnic or BBQ.
The gardens are beautiful and have concrete pathways throughout which are perfect for walking, scooting or practising riding a bike.
The stream runs into a large lake with a fountain in the middle. We saw ducks and a pair of black swans the day we visited.There is also another large grassed area. When we first arrived this area was popular with a number of dogs but later cleared and would be suitable for ball games, frisbee or the like.There are a number of entrances to the park including one where the kids can enter via a slide.
We enjoyed our visit to Subiaco Common Play Space, it would be a great space for a group or family picnic. My daughter is already planning on going back with daddy and the dog!
Subiaco Common Play Space is located at Juniper Bank Way, Subiaco. Free street parking.
- Cafe 63, Westfield Carousel - October 4, 2018
- Decadent C’s, Mandurah - October 3, 2018
- Zoorassic Park at Perth Zoo - September 20, 2018
- Pre-Schoolers Mornings, Waterford Plaza - September 18, 2018
- S&R Orchard Blossom Festival - September 6, 2018
- Belmont Forum – Playspace - August 13, 2018
- Hampton & Maley, Victoria Park - August 13, 2018
- Secret Garden Cafe and Patisserie, South Perth - June 19, 2018
- Riverton Library, Riverton - June 14, 2018
- Tumblers Kids Gym, Riverton Leisureplex - June 7, 2018
Claire Tondut is currently a stay-at-home mother of one daughter and a puppy. When she is not chasing little Miss around she loves to spend time with hubby, friends and family.
- Member Reviews